Porthos

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ETERNALS ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

9 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

can we talk about how Makkari and Druig are the best MCU couple ever. The Chemistry was extraordinary.

These 2 deserve a separate movie.

Hope she meets Echo at some point, even though she'd literally break the story of any street level plot Echo is usually in. Maybe whatever the next endgame is, be it Kang or Galactus.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Didn't like this very much at all. This needed to be a show, not a movie.

There was apparently one in development at ABC at one point, by John Ridley. But given how they handled Inhumans...I'm not confident it's reception would have been better let's say that.

Edited by SpiderByte

I will say I was pleasantly surprised by Angelina still being alive at the end of the movie when the fact she received the "And" credit made me prepared for her character dying at any moment. Guess killing off both of the iconic veterans in the cast would've been considered too much. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Haven't seen the movie yet, but WTF

Since posting in the spoilers thread, I assume you are ok with plot details: this is a ridiculous misrepresentation. Phastos did not "do Hiroshima," he helped humans technologically advance earlier in history and then after the bombing of Hiroshima regretted that the advancement he had spurred on caused so much destruction. And Druig does not "spend his days" mind controlling people, he mind controls when there is some sort of threat (so coordinating them to fight) or to stop them from fighting and killing each other. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Menor said:

Since posting in the spoilers thread, I assume you are ok with plot details: this is a ridiculous misrepresentation. Phastos did not "do Hiroshima," he helped humans technologically advance earlier in history and then after the bombing of Hiroshima regretted that the advancement he had spurred on caused so much destruction. And Druig does not "spend his days" mind controlling people, he mind controls when there is some sort of threat (so coordinating them to fight) or to stop them from fighting and killing each other. 

Then why not mind control the Conquistadors instead of the Aztecs? And why make the gay character say he's the reason for Hiroshima after promoting the movie on his back?

At some point they must have realized it would become shorthand that " the gay character caused Hiroshima"

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Then why not mind control the Conquistadors instead of the Aztecs? And why make the gay character say he's the reason for Hiroshima after promoting the movie on his back?

At some point they must have realized it would become shorthand that " the gay character caused Hiroshima"

You should really watch the film and not try to glean information and context off of a tweet. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

He mind-controlled both sides and took them to the Amazon. Then he was going to mind-control all of humanity to stop all conflicts, but realized it was pointless since it would just be his will and not theirs. So then he just settled with the people that he had previously mind-controlled (which was a mix of both) and (implied) just used the mind-control to help them fight against threats. 

As far as Phastos, I don't think it's on the movie that people are blatantly lying about his role online. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

You should really watch the film and not try to glean information and context off of a tweet. 

Isn't that my point though? Why would I want to waste 160 minutes for a movie getting dragged in tweets and got such bad reviews?

If the context was so important, they would have made it abundantly clear in the movie instead of making it so that the shorthand would be so bad.

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 3

15 hours ago, filmlover said:

I will say I was pleasantly surprised by Angelina still being alive at the end of the movie when the fact she received the "And" credit made me prepared for her character dying at any moment. Guess killing off both of the iconic veterans in the cast would've been considered too much. 

I thought Angelina was going to have the role that Selma Hayek had lol

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Isn't that my point though? Why would I want to waste 160 minutes for a movie getting dragged in tweets and got such bad reviews?

If the context was so important, they would have made it abundantly clear in the movie instead of making it so that the shorthand would be so bad.

I'm sorry but that makes no sense. 

"This tweet intentionally deceives about scenes in the movie! That's the movies fault for not stopping people from lying about it on Twitter!"

Da fuq? lmao. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I don’t see how that’s the point of your post about that tweet?

You should probably make that abundantly clear

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It was abundantly clear in the movie that Phastos did not cause Hiroshima. The person who tweeted this clearly has some kind of agenda. Anyway, if you're not interested in watching the movie, why even bother posting hyperbolically dishonest tweets about it? 

• Like 12

This was painful to watch. I lowered my expectations after the reviews because I hate what I read but I was still looking forward to see it just because of Chloe.

What surprised me the most were the reactions. No one cheered or even laughed in any scene. People left the theater talking a lot of bad things and I've never seen people talking such bad things about a MCU movie. It really was like a Snyder movie but without any good action scene and with real locations.

Kingo is annoying. Totally off tone and kills every scene he is in. Ikaris, Makkari and Thena looked like a cosplay version of Superman, Flash and Wonder Woman. Everyones powers were ridiculous. I liked Druig and Phastos so good that they didn't die.

There is a scene in the amazon forest with brazilian people talking spanish. No words. The english song in a Bollywood number was a really bad choice.

The time regressions and expositions weren't something that I expected from newly BP and BD winner. It was all over the place.

I mean yeah what Druig was doing to these people in the forest was much worse than whatever Ikaris did. 

At least Ikaris did whatever it takes to complete the mission he was tasked with all these years ago so he could go back to his home and be with the woman he loves. Druig was just side-eyeing humanity and got a bunch of them killed.

But I guess twitter was too busy thinking when he will stick his tongue into Makkari to notice the shit things he did.

P.S. still like Druig