The Wild Eric

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

19 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is going to bomb spectacularly without at least a holiday boost (not to mention Oscar buzz from that time of year), mark my words. 100% on board under DOM and OS from part 1. 

Part 1 had day and date release in the US…at the very least I doubt it’ll go down domestically

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is going to bomb spectacularly without at least a holiday boost (not to mention Oscar buzz from that time of year), mark my words. 100% on board under DOM and OS from part 1. 

Saved this post for the future.

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Something about this image makes me less excited. 

No yeah, it’s a shitty image. But at least we have evidence from the first movie that this is just a shitty image, not actual evidence that the movie is going to look like crap

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

No yeah, it’s a shitty image. But at least we have evidence from the first movie that this is just a shitty image, not actual evidence that the movie is going to look like crap

These magazine covers are almost always shitty. Lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

The move really sucks.

Guess this means Dune fans can just reread the first book again.

It's not like we old school Dune fans don't know what is going to happen......

Actually, I for those who have not read the novel and are angry at being forced to wait till March, I would suggest Read the Freaking Book. Yes, the movie was really good, but the book is even better.

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Under 400? In post COVID? I'm not sure how that's even possible unless the movie is just bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Under 400? In post COVID? I'm not sure how that's even possible unless the movie is just bad.

Agree 100%. The last one didn’t have a Holiday boost and still made $108M DOM, even with releasing simultaneously on HBO Max.

This movie will make at least $150M DOM and will likely do better OS as well. Pretty sure its OS number was top 5 for Hollywood movies in 2021, and most of that happened during renewed Covid scares.

A push back to December 2024 seems long time. But this would be THE event film of the holiday season. It could challenge $1b global and cement TC and Dune elite series leading into part 3.

Just going to put that out there. 

Edited by excel1

I maintain what I’ve said about covid helping the first if anything. Got to be one of the first spectacle movies in the theaters when people were willing to start going back. Dune by nature is extremely niche, and the movie was not accessible. I think people are kidding themselves that the GA has big interest, and the gap hurts things more since the first ends with the intent that part 2 is right around the corner. 

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1