The Wild Eric

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

10 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is going to bomb spectacularly without at least a holiday boost (not to mention Oscar buzz from that time of year), mark my words. 100% on board under DOM and OS from part 1. 

You might be right, Box Office is DOA. This forum gonna be in SHAMBLES.

Edited by Day and Date The Best
  • Knock It Off 1

43 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I maintain what I’ve said about covid helping the first if anything. Got to be one of the first spectacle movies in the theaters when people were willing to start going back. Dune by nature is extremely niche, and the movie was not accessible. I think people are kidding themselves that the GA has big interest, and the gap hurts things more since the first ends with the intent that part 2 is right around the corner. 

I can kind of see it ending up like Dead Reckoning in that audiences might've had their fill last time around and might not want any more.

53 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I maintain what I’ve said about covid helping the first if anything. Got to be one of the first spectacle movies in the theaters when people were willing to start going back. Dune by nature is extremely niche, and the movie was not accessible. I think people are kidding themselves that the GA has big interest, and the gap hurts things more since the first ends with the intent that part 2 is right around the corner. 

You are 100% percent right, they just too fanboy for Dune to see the TRUTH. In fact the only reason Dune got that sequell was thanks to HBO MAX viewership. No matter what excuses you people pull of your behinds, Theater Only movies were not performing great on that era. Remmember Shang Chi was being healed like a massive success yet it only made a bit more than Dune and remmember Eternals?. It was not till No Way Home that things began to change. And General audiences are talking how they "fell" asleep on IMAX, or HBO MAX subtitles made the dialogue bearable, because that movie was like Tenet Sound Mixing on a good amount of cinemas. A good amount of General Audiences found it Boring. Now it's getting a week or 2 of IMAX instead of 4 to 7 it was going to get, FAIL. And that was one of the selling points. Possible Flop incoming.

Scott Mendelson has a good article on how Day and Date Box office impact was not that big on Covid Box Office, how people make excuses for movie that would not perform good no matter what. When Gojira vs Kong did well compared to other Monsterverse movies and was when theaters had seat restrictions.

Get this fact. The highest Grossing Disney only Movie of 2021 was Black Widow because they did near 400 million plus 125 on Disney Plus (they did not have to share with theaters). And Black Widow was not well received overall, some people found it underwhelming. If the Movie was more like Winter Soldier it would perform better. Expectations were high for Marvel. The TV shows were goood. After Endgame they came with Wanda Vision, Falcon And WS, lok, What if. People were expecting quality and Endgame level. Or at least Winter Soldier. And more Action. And then Black Widow came, not bad in perspective but on that time it was MEH or worse for an amount of people.

Edited by Day and Date The Best
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 4

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

A push back to December 2024 seems long time. But this would be THE event film of the holiday season. It could challenge $1b global and cement TC and Dune elite series leading into part 3.

Just going to put that out there. 

Feel free to take it back in.

It's not making a billion regardless of release date.

• Like 1

Part 1 did good and the movie became a cult after.. "everyone" saw It in the last 2 years and it's well appreciated (8/10 on imdb from 720K votes).

It's not being fanboys to predict the Number 2 can make better. 

But i agree seems more a movie "for november than March" 

Edited by vale9001

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Part 1 did good and the movie became a cult after.. "everyone" saw It in the last 2 years and it's well appreciated (8/10 on imdb from 720K votes).

It's not being fanboys to predict the Number 2 can make better. 

But i agree seems more a movie "for november than March" 

I don't agree with people saying this won't increase (domestically at the very least), but... No, not everyone saw it (its Max figures upon release were well below the DC movies, for example, and it is often cited as one of those movies on streaming people either "mean to watch" or start and never finish). Also, using imdb to back up your point is beyond terrible. It is precisely the kind of place for a fan-driven film, with hardcore supporters both for the material and the director (Arrival and BR2049 are similar scores, with 600-700k votes as well). It is beyond meaningless. 

22 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I don't agree with people saying this won't increase (domestically at the very least), but... No, not everyone saw it (its Max figures upon release were well below the DC movies, for example, and it is often cited as one of those movies on streaming people either "mean to watch" or start and never finish). Also, using imdb to back up your point is beyond terrible. It is precisely the kind of place for a fan-driven film, with hardcore supporters both for the material and the director (Arrival and BR2049 are similar scores, with 600-700k votes as well). It is beyond meaningless. 

Blade Runner has 100k votes less and was released 3 years before. So It's very different and dune well bigger.

Also what?. Movie can became cult after, Blade Runner 2049 Is (the First movie was a flop on theaters too) and dune It's too. Dune It's the One getting a sequel so the comparison with BD doesn't matter. 700k votes on imdb means the movie has been big, not only average fans make that. And we have seen movies going big with a sequel like pirates of carribean, the dark knight and even more Matrix 2.

I don't think dune 2 can make like 1B dollars but more than the First for sure. Like 650M.

"The movie wasn't loved by GP" Is pure fantasy narrative. 

Edited by vale9001