Eric Atreides

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

Just now, filmlover said:

Release will be October 2023. Might want to add that to the title.

Obviously this is fine where it is, but I kinda thought it would get the pre-Thanksgiving release date, even with the new Marvel title two weeks earlier, since it's still far enough from Rogue Squadron. Doesn't really matter too much I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Obviously this is fine where it is, but I kinda thought it would get the pre-Thanksgiving release date, even with the new Marvel title two weeks earlier, since it's still far enough from Rogue Squadron. Doesn't really matter too much I suppose.

The Fall 2023 movie schedule is pretty empty at the moment (the only major title set so far is that Exorcist sequel/revival) so might as well stick to the release frame that just worked out perfectly for them, especially when this will be a theatrical exclusive this time around.

• Like 1

Yes! I’m so excited. While I liked the Part 1, I wasn’t over the moon with it and had my share of issues but I think Part 2 will definitely be more up to my speed and trust Villenueve to deliver another winner. 

Just now, Merkel said:

The should film this during next Summer up until fall and and then have 1 full year of post production. Unless it is prohibitive to shoot the desert scenes on location during the summer months

They filmed on location in Summer 2019, so it'll be fine again