Eric Atreides

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

On 10/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, SpiderByte said:

Not sure they could turn over a project of that size in (optimistically) just over a year. Even if they reuse props and etc. Could see a move closer to December, especially given the...unclear positioning of Star Wars as a film franchise post Skywalker Saga.

Well, I am betting that when they did the screenplay they did it for the entire novel which would save a great deal of time.

And I wish people would stop saying Dune 2 is a sequel; it's not. It the second half of the novel not a sequel in the classic sense.

Either way, more Harkonnens in Part 2 as expected:

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/denis-villeneuve-updates-dune-part-two-harkonnen-exclusive/

Denis quotes are bolded. Editor quotes are not: 

When you adapt, you have to make bold choices in order for the things to come to life. And I think that was the best way to introduce this world to a wide audience. Now in the second one, I want to have more flexibility, and it will be possible to go a little bit deeper into some of these details,” he explains. That includes introducing characters like Feyd-Rautha – as the focus of the story shifts to characters who played a smaller part last time around. “It’s like a chess game. Some new characters will be introduced in the second part and a decision I made very early on was that this first part would be more about Paul Atreides and the Bene Gesserit, and his experience of being in contact for the first time with a different culture,” says Villeneuve. “Second part, there will be much more Harkonnen stuff.”

• Like 1

Patz wants it, Barry Keoghan tweeted something that fans took as a hint, the casting director started to follow Florence, Jodi and Anya. We'll see what happens. I never put too much stock in Twitter/Insta following and actor-says-he-wants-to-be-in but stranger things happened. 

Biopic!Elvis is certainly an interesting choice for Feyd. I guess Barry Keoghan was trolling.

Spoiler

Or he's the Emperor :Venom:

That character was described to be looking like he was in his 30s in the book despite actualy being in his 70s, and Barry will be 30 by the time cameras roll. Just a thought.