titanic2187

Halloween Weekend Thread | D:$15.53m HK: $8.5m NTTD: $7.82m

57 minutes ago, Avatar Legion said:

Same way they didn’t all show up on Thursday for Shang Chi. Most of the people who showed up to BW previews were general audience, not mcu diehards like me. If Eternals looks less appealing to some of them, they won’t be there Thursday.   

Also it is a bit harder to hit like 160 mins on a school night vs 130 or whatever when there’s no school.

christ, I didn’t realise it was on for that long! Lol. 

1 hour ago, Avatar Legion said:

Same way they didn’t all show up on Thursday for Shang Chi. Most of the people who showed up to BW previews were general audience, not mcu diehards like me. If Eternals looks less appealing to some of them, they won’t be there Thursday.   

Also it is a bit harder to hit like 160 mins on a school night vs 130 or whatever when there’s no school.

Huh? 

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Venom 2 just 10m away from 200m dom. We all know Sony will do everything they can to push it to 200m.

Venom and No Way Home double features for sure!:hahaha:

After a $5.7m weekend it’ll probably hit $200m very early December if not before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think it’s pretty clear since I put it in bold. Why do you think most people who went to see Black Widow on its first night weren’t MCU diehards? 

Because there are only like 5M worth of MCU diehards out there, maybe less. Simple numbers game.

• ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, RRA said:

Oh Iron Jimbo where art thou…

Yeah we need need IronJimbo and JCS shitting up every single franchise thread with page after page of their weird Cameron/Avatar dick stroking. 

At least BKB was funny as hell with his bold text and use of emojis.  Summer of 2012... #NeverForget

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Yeah we need need IronJimbo and JCS shitting up every single franchise thread with page after page of their weird Cameron/Avatar dick stroking. 

At least BKB was funny as hell with his bold text and use of emojis.  Summer of 2012... #NeverForget

Those were the days. Now we have a pandemic and every movie that doesn't have the lead in a latex suit mega bombing into oblivion (still crying for Last Duel tbh).

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I think it’s pretty clear since I put it in bold. Why do you think most people who went to see Black Widow on its first night weren’t MCU diehards? 

It all depends on how one defines "MCU diehard", but, like, the numbers speak for themselves:

Black Widow: 13.2m

Shang-Chi:      8.8m

Yes, parts of the East Coast were getting out from the after effects of a hurricane, but it wasn't that much of a difference maker.  

21 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

So HK did get some boost, 20% sunday drop vs 40%+ drop in the past 2 weeks, still too little to bring it to 100m 

It will drop 80%+ this coming weekend. 100M were dead in the moment we saw the weekdays of the first week. Shame about it and Dune not getting there.

Good read on Dune's Oscar chances for those in doubt: https://www.nextbestpicture.com/latest/assessing-the-oscar-chances-for-dune-category-by-category

Just because its lower rated than some previous sci-fi/fantasy nominees means nothing when most of the other top contenders this year are in the same sphere.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Good read on Dune's Oscar chances for those in doubt: https://www.nextbestpicture.com/latest/assessing-the-oscar-chances-for-dune-category-by-category

Just because its lower rated than some previous sci-fi/fantasy nominees means nothing when most of the other top contenders this year are in the same sphere.

Cool, Kenneth Branagh's Belfast is at the top. Looking forward to seeing that. After the 90s Hamlet been a fan of him. Fun fact, while being interviewed about his movie at the TIFF, he told that he had just seen Dune: "A mind-blowing experience."

• Like 1