Cap

Eternals Weekend Thread: 71M OW DOM, 90M OS | Dune 7.6M (-50%), NTTD 6.2M, Venom 4.5M, Spencer 2.1M

28 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Little Bob: Fuck Marvel Studios and their exclusively theater window. Streaming level movie should go streaming. 

Having seen the film it is 1000% a movie that would’ve been thrown straight to streaming at the start of the pandemic.
It’s a Netflix movie we would’ve all forgotten existed in 3 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I'm curios about the demo for Eternals. I have a feeling this is skewing older than the other Marvel.

This was Deadline’s numbers from the Thursday previews: 

“PostTrak earned a low 75% positive and 3 1/2 stars from general audiences, and a 57% recommend. Kids under 12 rated the film better with four stars and 90% positive, and a 65% definite recommend. Audience turnout was 42% men over 25, 22% men under 25, 21% females over 25, and 14% females under 25.”

So 63% over 25 on Thursday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AJG said:

Having seen the film it is 1000% a movie that would’ve been thrown straight to streaming at the start of the pandemic.
It’s a Netflix movie we would’ve all forgotten existed in 3 weeks.

It uh... 1000% is not

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

at what cost?

Reveal hidden contents

At no cost. We should totally do this for Spider-Man too. 

53 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

That's a record isn't it? 

And That’s why I am Forum Admin 😂😂😂

34 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Are you saying you don't enjoy CBM fan/arguments leaking into every thread? 🤔

I’ve been in the trenches of the comic book fandom for like fifteen twenty (god I am old) years. All of that is white noise/water off a duck’s back. I would’ve just preferred it not happen to my new children. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Just wait until ‘Spider-Man: Far From Fresh’ hits….. 

I’m less concerned about the RT rating, and more concerned about the if it’s actually two hours and 40 minutes, there’s no way it’s hitting peoples expectations on opening weekend. 

7 minutes ago, Cap said:

I’m less concerned about the RT rating, and more concerned about the if it’s actually two hours and 40 minutes, there’s no way it’s hitting peoples expectations on opening weekend. 

Would need to be Force Awakens or Endgame levels of "only game in town" for that to happen 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cap said:

It is and it will 😎

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

It is and it will 😎

To go a bit more in depth, holdovers that week are gonna be bleeeeeaaaaaak. Pulling avengers level share of showings shouldn't be a problem. So if it misses people's expectation it'll be a demand issue much more than a supply issue.

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

I'm curios about the demo for Eternals. I have a feeling this is skewing older than the other Marvel.

Deadline didn't list it, but I bet this skews right to Dune or almost NTTD demo - old, Caucasian, and male (this one we already know)...in fact, I'm betting the awful cinescore is probably b/c it didn't skew harder in those categories (except for the under 12s, who love everything:)...

• Like 1