Cap

Eternals Weekend Thread: 71M OW DOM, 90M OS | Dune 7.6M (-50%), NTTD 6.2M, Venom 4.5M, Spencer 2.1M

8 minutes ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

It's interesting how Venom is shaping up to be the third biggest film of the year. So far only Shang Chi is ahead, and Spider Man will be.

Don't wanna be reactionary, but is Venom 2 even gonna get a China release at this point?

I believe an HDrip of it got leaked already. We're a month past its US release, and it still doesn't have a China date. What's going on? Would be a colossal fuck up if they miss that boat

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Maggie said:

wow just checked. the first Ghostbusters was HUGE. 242M in 1984 is massive. I didn't know how big it was. they really screwed up with the reboot in 2016

The second film lost half its audience by 1989.

I love the 2016 film, that’s why I’m not interested in this new one at all. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gopher said:

NO TIME TO DIE's fifth weekend (6.180m) ahead of SPECTRE's (5.523m)...

VENOM 2's sixth weekend (4.465m) nearly parallel with VENOM's (4.915m)...

A shame their numbers before this weekend were far below those movies (Carnage's OW aside).

Saw Eternals in theaters today, expecting an entertaining train wreck... Yet I loved mostly everything about this film and am in disbelief at the reviews it's getting so far. Like this is is somehow the worst MCU ever? Wow not by a longshot IMO! At the very very least it's trying to be something and doesn't try to be something it's not, which is more than I can say for 50% of MCU movies.

I reviewed it in the review forum but... Leaving the theater I just couldn't wrap my head around this movie being the worst-reviewed out of their 24 movies so far. To be fair it's the reason my butt got into the theater, I wanted to see the crash firsthand but actually I loved it, and my friend too. Kevin Feige must be sooooo confused right now.

I think it might be in my top 5 MCU lmao. So you're telling me that THE INCREDIBLE HULK blows this movie out of the water? yeah fucking right. A movie so forgettable the lead got recast and no one gave a flying fuck. But at least it gave us general "thaddeus" thunderbolt ross...   :hahaha:

I hope it has good holds but it really looks like I'm in the minority this time, so it's more of a fool's hope than anything at this point.

Since we have a BOT face for "disbelief", it makes sense that I would use it

me rn

:apocalypse:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I’m not expecting great holds here.

I felt before reviews dropped this film had some great momentum and then…

$70m is decent but I was expecting it to take off. I think opening less than Shang Chi when it was advertised as a bigger MCU event is not a great sign.

Obviously it’s not a disaster but I just had higher expectations. At least it will be an interesting run to follow for the next few weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The second film lost half its audience by 1989.

I love the 2016 film, that’s why I’m not interested in this new one at all. 

Ghostbusters 2 broke the 3 day record back in '89. For a whole week till Batman took it away.

It being horrible is why it did half of the original. But the interest was most definitely there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

Too bad I can’t make a club, but going on the record for Eternals 2 over 1B

Idk about that. If a theatrical sequel is made (I very much hope so but entirely possible the continuation is on D+) there will be some hesitation from audiences even if the film gets glowing reviews. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

Idk about that. If a theatrical sequel is made (I very much hope so but entirely possible the continuation is on D+) there will be some hesitation from audiences even if the film gets glowing reviews. 

5 years of inflation to the rescue 👀

• Astonished 1

6 hours ago, von Kenni said:

Dark Fate is quite easily the best Terminator since T2.

A subterranean bar to clear given the only watchable thing since T2 was the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Everything else, quite literally, has been a series of consecutive reboots.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:
6 hours ago, von Kenni said:

A subterranean bar to clear given the only watchable thing since T2 was the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Wish we could get a continuation but the actor ages would be a problem