Cap

Eternals Weekend Thread: 71M OW DOM, 90M OS | Dune 7.6M (-50%), NTTD 6.2M, Venom 4.5M, Spencer 2.1M

25 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Ok found it...

Bottom 7...

The Incredible Hulk - 55.4m
Ant-Man - 57.2m
Thor - 65.7m
Captain America 1 - 65.0m
Shang Chi - 75.3m
Antman and Wasp - 75.8m
Black Widow - 80.3m

That's kinda impressive, even before The Avengers the MCU never had a flop opening weekend. After that, Ant-Man was a bit of an outlier but still a financial success, and I'm glad Marvel kept his solo franchise going because it's my personal favorite.

with Eternals out of the way I'm thinking the next 6 MCU films could be doing 3x of The Incredible Hulk's OW since all of them are highly anticipated sequels. 166M+ should be within reach for Spidey, Doctor Strange and Black Panther and while I don't know much about Guardians 3 it still has that May Marvel slot so it should also do it. 

if any of them would miss I would say it's either Thor or The Marvels especially how the latter doesn't sound like a direct sequel but I haven't heard much else about these two so who knows.

it's exciting how the next non-sequel MCU film will be the Fantastic Four! 

Edited by RealLyre

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

with Eternals out of the way I'm thinking the next 6 MCU films could be doing 3x of The Incredible Hulk's OW since all of them are highly anticipated sequels. 166M+ should be within reach for Spidey, Doctor Strange and Black Panther and while I don't know much about Guardians 3 it still has that May Marvel slot so it should also do it. 

if any of them would miss I would say it's either Thor or The Marvels especially how the latter doesn't sound like a direct sequel but I haven't heard much else about these two so who knows.

I think it's Blade, no?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I think NWH, DS2 and BP2 will do 3x Incredible Hulk's OW (or more).

I don't think Thor 4, GOTG3 or The Marvels will hit that mark. 

AM3 certainly won't, though I expect a really nice increase from AM&TW. Blade also certainly won't. 

Fantastic Four might be able to but I'm not sure at this point. The tease of it at Investment Day got a lot of hype but I'm not sure if that translates to OW at all. 

Edited by VenomXXR

Thor and Gotg3 should get there. They barely have to increase from the OW performance of the prior entries, but they should increase a fair bit imo.   

Marvels won’t need to increase much if at all either, but could drop depending on how things work out.   

Next 6 OWs over 3x hulk would be a fun club, think I’d go IN.

Edited by Eternal Legion

1 hour ago, von Kenni said:

If I may ask, why didn't she like it? What put her off?

It just didn’t grab her, she thought it looked drab and uninteresting, the trailers didn’t do a good job of setting up the story or characters at all. I’ve got to admit, that was also my first reaction to the first trailer too, and I got shot down by some on here for saying so.

She’s been tiring of the MCU formula recently though, she hated Falcon & the Winter Soldier, and Shang Chi lost her in the last third when it became yet another sky portal battle. She agrees that Eternals looked different to past MCU films, but it seemed to go too far in the opposite direction for her. 

I’ll see the film because I’m in the bag for these movies, but for the first time since 2008, it’ll probably be a few weeks down the line rather than opening weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

Thor and Gotg3 should get there. They barely have to increase from the OW performance of the prior entries, but they should increase a fair bit imo.   

Marvels won’t need to increase much if at all either, but could drop depending on how things work out.   

Next 6 OWs over 3x hulk would be a fun club, think I’d go IN.

Here's what I'm currently thinking for OW...

NWH
$220M

DS2
$175M

Thor 4
$150M 

BP2
$185M

The Marvels 
$130M

GOTG V3
$150M