Cap

Eternals Weekend Thread: 71M OW DOM, 90M OS | Dune 7.6M (-50%), NTTD 6.2M, Venom 4.5M, Spencer 2.1M

4 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Never forget 

To be fair, "almost in disbelief about what they have on their hands" applies 100% to whatever has unfolded in the reviews and posttrak and Cinemascore.

At least Eternals has an empty month almost to make as much as it can.

• Haha 11

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's very easy to check you know. The Cinemascore website has all historical Cinemascores. BvS was a B.

I know, i checked. Just made a mistake because my mind trick me remembering the men grade when i quoted, it happens.

In terms of CinemaScore, it earned a B- from men and a B from women. It earned an A- from under-18 audiences (22%), a B+ from under-25 demos (40%), and a B- from those over-25 (60%).

$200M is going to be tough domestically. It's certainly dropping like a rock next weekend. Not as much as Black Widow, but I don't expect this one to have much staying power.

Not thay Marvel has to worry since they have a Hawkeye spinoff coming in a couple of weeks followed by Spidey next month. That'll help them bury this disappointment for a decade or so before they psuedo-reboot the property for Disney+ akin to The Suicide Squad.

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

$200M is going to be tough domestically. It's certainly dropping like a rock next weekend. Not as much as Black Widow, but I don't expect this one to have much staying power.

Not thay Marvel has to worry since they have a Hawkeye spinoff coming in a couple of weeks followed by Spidey next month. That'll help them bury this disappointment for a decade or so before they psuedo-reboot the property for Disney+ akin to The Suicide Squad.

I see what you are saying, but I doubt Marvel is going to take that route with these characters, even if ends up coming below expectations. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Looks like NWH poster or something is coming tomorrow or Monday (and a trailer possible later in the week).

Hawkeye reviews also drop next saturday and i bet they will be great.

Even if this drop hard everywhere i think it will just be overshadowed, Lucky for them.

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Looks like NWH poster or something is coming tomorrow or Monday (and a trailer possible later in the week).

Hawkeye reviews also drop next saturday and i bet they will be great.

Even if this drop hard everywhere i think it will just be overshadowed, Lucky for them.

Isn't that just the nature of the MCU these days? There's so much stuff that the bad or bland gets lost in the shuffle like weaker episodes of a TV show.