LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

10 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

I don't think NWH has more hype than Endgame domestically either but it may still beat it with holiday legs. Does France (or Europe in general) see better holds over the holidays like the domestic market does? 

Sure. The week after Christmas uses to be the most crowded in Spain in the whole year (LOTR managed minimal drops after nearly record OWs, being released on 17-19 December, very similar dates to NWH release). And we have an extra holiday on January 6th (Three Kings). You can easily see flat drops along the holidays, even increases relative to previous weekends, like happens in USA.

Said this, even although my environment is not really fan of SHs, there was real excitation about Endgame (even myself went to see it on OD with 8-10 people more), but nobody is asking me about going to see NWH. I am not denying the hype exists, but I do not think it is so extended like EGs among GAs, like it seems it is happening seeing the presales figures. Of course, this is just my personal experience. and Christmas can of course help to manage that gap.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, peludo said:

I am not denying the hype exists, but I do not think it is so extended like EGs among GAs, like it seems it is happening seeing the presales figures.

Oh I tend to agree, but that’s OK. Even if NWH “only” does 70% of Endgame WW-China, that still puts it over $1.5B

I’m willing to accept that 😅

27 minutes ago, peludo said:

Sure. The week after Christmas uses to be the most crowded in Spain in the whole year (LOTR managed minimal drops after nearly record OWs, being released on 17-19 December, very similar dates to NWH release). And we have an extra holiday on January 6th (Three Kings). You can easily see flat drops along the holidays, even increases relative to previous weekends, like happens in USA.

Said this, even although my environment is not really fan of SHs, there was real excitation about Endgame (even myself went to see it on OD with 8-10 people more), but nobody is asking me about going to see NWH. I am not denying the hype exists, but I do not think it is so extended like EGs among GAs, like it seems it is happening seeing the presales figures. Of course, this is just my personal experience. and Christmas can of course help to manage that gap.

EG's hype is just a phenomenon everywhere on the earth,It's just like a worldwide culture storm like Harry Potter book-release,Pokemon go,Gangnam style,See you again,Michael Jackson's Death....etc

in China,everybody talking about Endgame when it was released,at least among my generation.

NWH is hard to reach that,but the hype is still big.

Edited by Bruce

8 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Oh I tend to agree, but that’s OK. Even if NWH “only” does 70% of Endgame WW-China, that still puts it over $1.5B

I’m willing to accept that 😅

Concerning Spain, 70% of EGs, would mean about €20m ($22m), quite reasonable target in normal conditions. Now we only have to wait those conditions are not changed because of f**ing covid.

10 minutes ago, Bruce said:

EG's hype is just a phenomenon everywhere on the earth,It's just like a worldwide culture storm like Harry Potter book-release,Pokemon go,Gangnam style,See you again,Michael Jackson's Death....etc

in China,everybody talking about Endgame when it was released,at least among my generation.

NWH is hard to reach that,but the hype is still big.

Sure. EG was the Star Wars, Harry Potter or LOTR of current generation. That is undeniable.

59 minutes ago, peludo said:

Said this, even although my environment is not really fan of SHs, there was real excitation about Endgame (even myself went to see it on OD with 8-10 people more), but nobody is asking me about going to see NWH. I am not denying the hype exists, but I do not think it is so extended like EGs among GAs, like it seems it is happening seeing the presales figures

I was saying this to @Eternal Legion today that Endgame & Infinity War hype was for event while NWH is just a gimmick appearances with not much weight other than that. There isn't anything like Thanos is coming, and Earth is gonna have to embrace for that, Avengers vs Thanos hype. All NWH talk is that Tobey and Andrew will appear, there is no big picture after that.

That is why I am not paying much attention to presales being that huge, as me being MCU fan is not feeling much hype.

I do expect this to be absolutely HUGE in previews like many 2000s franchise were. I can see it do like 50M DOM THU for just 225M weekend & 500-550M full run.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I was saying this to @Eternal Legion today that Endgame & Infinity War hype was for event while NWH is just a gimmick appearances with not much weight other than that. There isn't anything like Thanos is coming, and Earth is gonna have to embrace for that, Avengers vs Thanos hype. All NWH talk is that Tobey and Andrew will appear, there is no big picture after that.

That is why I am not paying much attention to presales being that huge, as me being MCU fan is not feeling much hype.

I do expect this to be absolutely HUGE in previews like many 2000s franchise were. I can see it do like 50M DOM THU for just 225M weekend & 500-550M full run.

that isnt happeninh charlie 225 mill ow but a final total of 500-550 thats 2,4 multi on christmas no chance in hell that this is happening , you are probably looking at wose 2,7-2,8 multi  which from 225 mill ow would be 610-630 dom

27 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

50M DOM THU for just 225M weekend & 500-550M full run.

Those are ridiculous multipliers if it hits $50M previews. No MCU film has come below 5.9x previews/OD but this one could do 4.5x? And a 2.2x multiplier during the holidays.

Lol

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Those are ridiculous multipliers if it hits $50M previews. No MCU film has come below 5.9x previews/OD but this one could do 4.5x? And a 2.2x multiplier during the holidays.

Lol

If Tobey and Andrew not show up in the movie,that it's possible

• Astonished 1