LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

5 hours ago, Pypa94 said:

Personally I don't have anything to you but don't you a bite tired of that questions over and over in almost every thread? 😜 peace 🖖

No I'm not, I like to talk about NWH and box office, and then we're on a forum so it's for talking, if you don't want to talk then don't say anything. But thank you for your question 😂

4 hours ago, peludo said:

Proportionally, and comparing NWH in Spain and DOM, €0.5m for NWH in Spain equates to $14m DOM. It is a big jump. First of all, let's wait to see if it is able to reach €26.5m, something that is still far from being locked.

Nice thank you for your answer

In France, it can still reach €55m at the end of his run more than double that of Spain, let's see how it goes ...

2 minutes ago, LPLC said:

In France, it can still reach €55m at the end of his run more than double that of Spain, let's see how it goes ...

It's funny that France never have All-time Euro box office ranking,I can only found US dollars ranking and admissions

17 minutes ago, LPLC said:

No I'm not, I like to talk about NWH and box office, and then we're on a forum so it's for talking, if you don't want to talk then don't say anything. But thank you for your question 😂

What a funny reaction ,you are really really cute~ε(*・ω・)_/゚:・☆

Edited by Bruce

14 minutes ago, LPLC said:

In terms of market sizes it is a normal gap. In 2019, last normal year, Spain total market was about €625m, and France grossed €1.3b. NWH results in Spain and France fit with the market size from both countries.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Thank you, I have the feeling that a lot of things seem "funny" to you 😂

Well,maybe because my English is not that good and my word so poor that I don't know another word to discribe my feeling,I'm always afraid of I couldn't express my exact meaning to you guys with my poor English skill

Anyway talking with you guys improve my English a lot,that's a big help for my learning abord in Ireland in 2022 September,for this reason I appreciate for all BOT friends

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Forbes Report:

Spider-man No way home become the highest grossing film of the year in 54 markets,among all 81 markets in the world(The world have over 200 countries but many countries are combined in one market when we counting box office,so total is 81 markets.)

For comparsion,it's second biggest in 21 century,more than Avengers:Endgame【Take over 40+ markets yearly champion among all 81 markets】,In entire 21 century only behind Avatar【Take 69 markets yearly champion.】

It's break All-time Hollywood box office record in 6 markets,for comparsion,Avengers:Endgame beating over 30 markets Hollywood all-time record,Avatar beating over 77 markets Hollywood box office record ,and Titanic beating Hollywood record in All markets in the world.

Damn Endgame came out in one of the most competitive years ever and still won more than 40 markets, probably excluding The Lion King it would have added another 20 markets from Europe alone

Anyway, the fact that there are 81 markets is very interesting and it's a question I've been asking myself for a long time, it would be really amazing if someone did an analysis of them

For example, the ones I know are Russia/Cis which is the sum of about 7/8 different countries of which Russia represents about 90% of the total gross, South Africa which should also include Lesotho, Swaziland and Namibia (well that's not much to be honest), and I remember that the UK includes all the overseas territories but also Ireland and Malta

1 minute ago, MG10 said:

Damn Endgame came out in one of the most competitive years ever and still won more than 40 markets, probably excluding The Lion King it would have added another 20 markets from Europe alone

Anyway, the fact that there are 81 markets is very interesting and it's a question I've been asking myself for a long time, it would be really amazing if someone did an analysis of them

For example, the ones I know are Russia/Cis which is the sum of about 7/8 different countries of which Russia represents about 90% of the total gross, South Africa which should also include Lesotho, Swaziland and Namibia (well that's not much to be honest), and I remember that the UK includes all the overseas territories but also Ireland and Malta

Region Countries Included
Domestic US & Canada
Belgium Belgium and Luxembourg
New Zealand New Zealand and Fiji
Portugal Portugal and Angola
United Kingdom United Kingdom, Ireland, and Malta
France France, Algeria, Monaco, Morocco, and Tunisia
Central America Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and Paraguay
Central America+ Aruba, Belize, Bolivia, Bonaire, Costa Rica, Curaçao, and Dominican Republic
E/W Africa Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zambia and Uganda
Lesser Antilles Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, and St. Vincent
S/E/W Africa Southern, Eastern, and Western African
Baltic States Baltic States
Middle East Middle East
Middle East/UA Middle East including United Arab Emirates
Middle East Other Miscellaneous Middle Eastern
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LPLC said:
Region Countries Included
Domestic US & Canada
Belgium Belgium and Luxembourg
New Zealand New Zealand and Fiji
Portugal Portugal and Angola
United Kingdom United Kingdom, Ireland, and Malta
France France, Algeria, Monaco, Morocco, and Tunisia
Central America Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and Paraguay
Central America+ Aruba, Belize, Bolivia, Bonaire, Costa Rica, Curaçao, and Dominican Republic
E/W Africa Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zambia and Uganda
Lesser Antilles Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, and St. Vincent
S/E/W Africa Southern, Eastern, and Western African
Baltic States Baltic States
Middle East Middle East
Middle East/UA Middle East including United Arab Emirates
Middle East Other Miscellaneous Middle Eastern

Damn you were quick, I'm almost scared 😅

Anyway, I've never seen named many of these in BoxOfficeMojo and similar sites, so I really hope they count everything correctly

Ah I also have a question, more or less how much does North Africa affect the total gross and number of admissions of France?

12 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Damn you were quick, I'm almost scared 😅

Anyway, I've never seen named many of these in BoxOfficeMojo and similar sites, so I really hope they count everything correctly

Ah I also have a question, more or less how much does North Africa affect the total gross and number of admissions of France?

I found this on IMDb a few months ago but it's linked with BOM:

https://help.imdb.com/article/imdbpro/industry-research/box-office-mojo-by-imdbpro-faq/GCWTV4MQKGWRAUAP?ref_=mojo_ftr_help#

Not a lot, for example for AEG :

- 6,943M admissions in France

- 66k admits in Morocco

If we add Algeria, Monaco and Tunisia, we should be close to 3% of the total for France. 

• Thanks 1

These data all by Forbes

In all 81 markets,the movie which have most markets yearly champion

1 Titanic(over 75 markets,Biggest of all-time in the movie history)

2 Avatar(69 markets)

3 Jurassic Park(over 65 markets)

4 Spider-man:NWH(54 markets)

5 Avengers:EG(40 markets)

6 TLOR3 (38 markets)

7 HP1 (35 markets)

8 HP4 (34 markets)

And for break all-time record

1 Titanic(only 4 markets Titanic didn't break All-time record and in all market Titanic break Hollywood record ,in near all mar Titanic break 4,5,6..etc following weekend Record【not sure about India,Forbes and Variety didn't got Titanic run in India,but Titanic did break near all-countries following Weekend record】)

2 Avatar(in 50 markets break all-time record and in 77 markets break Hollywood box office record,in all market break IMAX record,in near all market break 3D box office record,in over 4 markets break opening Weekend record and in over 27 markets break second weekend recors ,in 50 markets break third Weekend record

3 Avengers:Endgame(In 30 markets break all-time record ,and 35 markets break Hollywood record,in near all country break pre-sale record(except India and Japan , France,for india It's break Bahuabli 2's hindi presale record but overall is short),in over 72 markets break opening Weekend box office record,and 76 markets Hollywood opening Weekend record.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

By Forbes, something most impressive in movie history

1 Titanic's all-time record,Hollywood record(all markets in the world),Titanic following weekend record(expect India【not sure,don't have any data),near all markets break many following weekend record)

2 Avatar's IMAX record(break it in all markets in the world),3D record(near all markets in the world)

3 Endgame presale record(near all markets in the world),opening weekend record(over 72 markets in the world)

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Titanic didn't break any weekend record in India.

So It's near all-country in the world,some markets Titanic didn't do it like India and Morocco(behind the local Blockbuster)

Like Endgame presale and Opening weekend,It's a record in near all country in the world but not all country in the world

The only all-country have a record's stuff is Titanic's Hollywood record and Avatar's IMAX 3D record,It's really do it every single country on earth.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shanks said:

To be frank, Titanic didn't even earn 12m USD. It released on 6th march in India.

Highest 1st Week Earner of 1998 was 'Chote Miya, Bade Miya' which earned 6.3 Crores , then 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' which earned 5.6 Crores.  KKHH was highest Grosser for that year with 10.2m USD [47  Crore Nett & 30 Crore Share]  and yes, it had earned more than Titanic. 

Titanic opened to 285k USD (~ 1 Crores) in 1st week in India and within first 5 Weeks, it had earned around 1.8m USD [~6 Crores] (I Suppose ATP for Titanic was higher than normal) https://www.nytimes.com/1998/04/26/movies/why-titanic-conquered-the-world-new-delhi.html  

It continued to run for 14 weeks and earned 3.3m USD with expansion going around.

After 30 weeks of run in India, it was at 5.07m USD. When Godzilla opened in August, it was targeting 6m in India to break Titanic's record because it had more hype in India.  

Let's say 5m USD is just Nett. but then too, the gross should not be more than $8m or $8.5m.

On Side-note: KKHH earned more than Titanic in Indonesia too.

Titanic opened with 7 screens only and continued expanding for $12M+ final gross. KKHH did $20M.

It couldn't win any week for first 10 weeks as local movies are bigger. It could have won in later weeks but we had a super leggy film with limited release in 1994 HaHK, which has almost every week record after Week 10.

I have read about KKHH beating Titanic in Indonesia but couldn't find anything solid. Titanic did $3M when it released in 2000s there where as KKHH released in 2001.

Even South Africa I heard KKHH did more than Titanic in opening.

Edited by charlie Jatinder