LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

On 1/16/2022 at 11:11 AM, john2000 said:

20 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

So OS did $43.8M in the past week. Lets say something like this the rest of the way...

Jan 23 - 970.1

Jan 30 - 1000.8

Feb 6 - 1022.2

Feb 13 - 1035

Feb 20 - 1042.9

Feb 27 - 1048.3

Final - 1052-1056 OS-C 

DOM is at $721M after this weekend. Should be able to do at least $55M more and maybe upwards of $65M if it really legs out strong. So with all that being said......

$1828M - $1842M WW-C 

Titanic 1st run is within reach!!

:ohmygod:

Edited by RiddlerXXR
  • Astonished 3

1 minute ago, RiddlerXXR said:

So OS did $43.8M in the past week. Lets say something like this the rest of the way...

Jan 23 - 970.1

Jan 30 - 1000.8

Feb 6 - 1022.2

Feb 13 - 1035

Feb 20 - 1042.5

Feb 27 - 1048.3

Final - 1052-1056 OS-C 

DOM is at $721M after this weekend. Should be able to do at least $55M more and maybe upwards of $65M if it really legs out strong. So with all that being said......

$1828M - $1842M WW-C 

Titanic 1st run is within reach!!

:ohmygod:

1070 os i would say ,that os weekend was slightly bigger than black panther same dom weekend and from that point that movie added another 95 million to its dom cume if spidey keeps following a black panther like os trend then we are looking at 1065-1070 os final total imo

Just now, john2000 said:

1070 os i would say ,that os weekend was slightly bigger than black panther same dom weekend and from that point that movie added another 95 million to its dom cume if spidey keeps following a black panther like os trend then we are looking at 1065-1070 os final total imo

You can't compare OS to DOM, especially not to BP which was culturally significant in the US and effected it's hold. Norway opened this week as well which plumped up OS. Not saying $1070M can't happen but I wouldn't use those numbers to measure it out. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LPLC said:

1060 is not impossible I guess

Yes it is really not impossible, great drop INT this weekend !

I think now $1,75B is locked and $1,8B is a really good possibility, the final goal will be Titanic 1st run (Around $1843M) but as for now it's not likely

$1B INT by next weekend seems largely possible and maybe $735M DOM, $1,735B by next Sunday ?

• Like 1

You can't compare OS to DOM, especially not to BP which was culturally significant in the US and effected it's hold. Norway opened this week as well which plumped up OS. Not saying $1070M can't happen but I wouldn't use those numbers to measure it out. 

just saying , its overall trend hasnt failed me yet

1 minute ago, LPLC said:

Yes it is really not impossible, great drop INT this weekend !

I think now $1,75B is locked and $1,8B is a really good possibility, the final goal will be Titanic 1st run (Around $1843M) but as for now it's not likely

$1B INT by next weekend seems largely possible and maybe $735M DOM, $1,735B by next Sunday ?

$1750M is definitely locked and so is $1800M. Yes, $1735M by next Sunday is right around where it should be. I'd say the "gray area" starts around $1830M. 

3 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

The weekend got some juice from Norway and Denmark “opening.” But it’s still a nice hold. I see 780+1050ish, the first run could certainly be in play with a good Feb.

Yeah exactly, and don't forget Slovakia (opening weekend) and Netherlands (this was their second weekend I think)

$1750M is definitely locked and so is $1800M. Yes, $1735M by next Sunday is right around where it should be. I'd say the "gray area" starts around $1830M. 

You think that $1,8B is locked now ? I wouldn't say this today but maybe next week I will say that

What is gray area btw ?

2 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Yeah exactly, and don't forget Slovakia (opening weekend) and Netherlands (this was their second weekend I think)

Slovakia OW was last week but it's a very little market, not a big difference

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MG10 said:

I'm more than sure that Jurassic World is at $1.67B

You're right, Jurassic World is $1.67B and The Lion King (2019) $1.662B.

For No Way Home: Deadline reports that Norway opened to $2.6M, besting the debuts of Spider-Man: Far From Home by 267% and Spider-Man: Homecoming by 259%. Slovakia bowed with $600K, beating Far From Home by 10% and Homecoming by 133%. Top markets to date are the UK ($116.9M), Mexico ($73.4M), Korea ($60.6M), France ($59.9M) and Australia ($53.2M).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

5 minutes ago, LPLC said:

It's still a little bit too far as for now, but week by week, possibilities increase

Yeah mostly I am happy to have called 1.8 conservative 11 days ago. Titanic is pure gravy to me, taking out the WW line+ 1st run is enough either way.

3 minutes ago, LPLC said:

You think that $1,8B is locked now ? I wouldn't say this today but maybe next week I will say that

What is gray area btw ?

Gray area just means the number which is hard to see past. It could happen, but it would take stronger numbers than I currently expect.