Cap

CONTEST FOR GOLD: Spidey: No Way Home Opening Weekend Predictions | RESULTS ARE IN!

OPENING WEEKEND PREDICTION CONTEST

fdd6dcede0ac1fb0294bba0047fa23ee5402b7da

All right boys, there's been a lot of BIG talk about Sony Presents A Kevin Feige Production: Spider-Man: No Way Home.  Will it make over 100M, the first post-shutdown reopening to do so?  Will it make a Billion Dollars Globally, in this market?  Will it be the biggest disappointment of all time?  Will [LEAK LEAK, VAGUE VAGUE, SPOILER SPOILER] actually happen?  Time to figuratively put your money where you mouth is.

tumblr_ox6vhblXkC1u1kyq6o2_540.gifv

HOW IT WORKS

• Please submit your predictions for Spider-Man: No Way Home's Opening Weekend;
  • Chances to win are based on five categories: Previews, True Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Grand Total;
  • The Winner of Each Category will receive a One Month Gold Subscription!

edc772d98c941f4aeb28bfc6198833394c843c9a

DEADLINES

So, please pay careful attention to the Deadlines.  Due to The Tracking Thread basically being the Oracle of Delphi at this point:

• THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION ON PREVIEWS IS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2021 @ 11:59PM EST.  That's right.  We're locking those in BEFORE tickets go on Sale.  If Sony pulls a fast one and drops them sooner, the deadline will get pushed up to before they go on sale.  But for now, we're assuming Black Friday Weekend is the targeted launch.

• THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS ON TRUE FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY, AND TOTAL IS MONDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2021 @ 11:59PM EST.  A lot can fluctuate in the last week of pre-sales.  So we're gonna close things just a little early to add some spice.   

T9acXnG.gif

RULES & TIE BREAKERS

• All Submissions MUST BE sent into me via PM or posted in this thread.  No Telegram PMs.
  • All Submissions are LOCKED by their deadline.  No late entries.  No edits.  Before the deadline, you can edit your submission as many times as you wish.

• All Submissions MUST BE the FULL EXACT number as a way to break ties. 
    • If you Submit 100M for a True Friday, it will be converted into 100,000,000

• If there is a tie -- as in three people submit 100,200,300 for True Friday, and the real number is 100,200,299 thus all three of them being the closest -- their usernames will go into a Google's Random Number Generator.  Users will be alphabetize and assigned numbers ( A = 1, B = 2, etc).  Winner of that, gets the reward.

• Users can enter any and/or all of the categories, and are eligible to win up to all five categories.

tumblr_o6dbgtQHq01vptq5co1_500.gifv

Good Luck!

Cap

Please reblog or C&P this chart to submit your answers:

USERNAME PREVIEWS TRUE FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY TOTAL

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

4 hours ago, Cap said:

Due to The Tracking Thread basically being the Oracle of Delphi at this point:

• THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION ON PREVIEWS IS THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2021 @ 11:59PM EST. 

lulz.

On behalf of the Tracking Thread, to everyone who has to make a Thr Preview prediction blind:

00d06bc1a8cff949e1c43d25fe1a10e7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Cdsacken 25M 44M 50 42 161

Board meltdown as its 3 day total misses beating FFH's 6 day 185 haul. It will then go on to beat the final total by Jan 2 with more room to go after.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

REMINDER:

• All Submissions MUST BE the FULL EXACT number as a way to break ties. 
    • If you Submit 100M for a True Friday, it will be converted into 100,000,000

• If there is a tie -- as in three people submit 100,200,300 for True Friday, and the real number is 100,200,299 thus all three of them being the closest -- their usernames will go into a Google's Random Number Generator.  Users will be alphabetize and assigned numbers ( A = 1, B = 2, etc).  Winner of that, gets the reward.

Might not be enough entries for ties to matter, but something to consider.

• Like 1

VenomXXR

$46,500,000

$60,642,918 $65,597,003 $52,310,054 $225,049,975 

I'm definitely going to take some time to edit this down to the deadline but here is what my gut is telling me right now. I think the hype is going to drive a higher than normal previews ratio (Endgame level). I am also dropping my "no issues" prediction by about 15% just to parlay some COVID hesitancy in here. 

EDIT: Previews locked at $30.5M but updating it to keep my numbers linear.

Edited by Multiverse of XXR
Updating
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Somebody has be the lowball entry. 

You're just betting on a 4k rip dropping three days before Opening Night.

QDYNC3m.gif

I mean, this **IS** Sony, so all in all, not a terrible bet. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

I can get behind any prediction from about $150M - $250M. I can genuinely come up with a bunch of scenarios where things play out towards either end of the scale.

I can't come up with one below $150M (as long as current circumstances stay as they are.) Looking at all the scenarios, nothing will allow me to believe the hype we're seeing for this can go below this number. Even if it's trash, it's going to do at least $70M Friday (w/ previews). 

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:
Cdsacken 28M 50M 58 46 182

Board meltdown as its 3 day total narrow misses beating FFH's 6 day 185 haul. It will then go on to obliterate the final total by Jan 2 with more room to go after.

Based on the way you were talking in the NWH thread I thought you were lower than that. This seems quite reasonable actually. There was no need for us to argue at all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Based on the way you were talking in the NWH thread I thought you were lower than that. This seems quite reasonable actually. There was no need for us to argue at all!

My work is here done! Contest bringing people Together since 2021!

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Yep I agree! I thought folks would think I was crazy pessimist but I'm not! 

:D I just don't like people insisting on 200m guaranteed in pandemic. 180m would be badass outside of pandemic let alone in one!

I genuinely will be happy if it beats my prediction and goes for 500m in December. Lord knows the box office needs it!

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1