Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (11/12-14) | Eternals 7.82 Fri, Clifford 4.22

Encanto tracking hidden in that Deadline article:

“Disney’s original animation movie Encanto is currently expected to do $37M-$40M in five, but will likely leg out.”

Also: Apparently the next Spider-Man trailer is exclusive to cinemas before Ghostbusters Afterlife on Thursday night. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Encanto tracking hidden in that Deadline article:

“Disney’s original animation movie Encanto is currently expected to do $37M-$40M in five, but will likely leg out.”

Also: Apparently the next Spider-Man trailer is exclusive to cinemas before Ghostbusters Afterlife on Thursday night. 

If that's true, Ghostbusters tracking is about to get very fun.

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Seems like Sony are giving the Spider-Man trailer its own in-cinema release on Tuesday too at a fan event.  

I've lost track with these shitty superhero movies. So after Raimi's Spider-Man, they rebooted it again with Andrew Garfield then ditched that and now have rebooted it AGAIN? And people are actually excited? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 2

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I've lost track with these shitty superhero movies. So after Raimi's Spider-Man, they rebooted it again with Andrew Garfield then ditched that and now have rebooted it AGAIN? And people are actually excited? 

...where have you been the last five years?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Eric the Big Red Dog said:

...where have you been the last five years?

I honestly stopped paying attention. There's actually so much good content out there it became possible to ignore superhero movies and for the most part, movie theatres in general. They feel like a thing of the pas already. Good content is no longer in theatres. 

• Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I've lost track with these shitty Oz movies. So after His Majesty, the Scarecrow of Oz and both stage adaptations, they completely rebooted the Oz series with The Wizard of Oz with Dorothy Dwan, and then they've ditched that and have rebooted THAT EXACT STORY AGAIN with this Garland woman???? And people are supposed to CARE?

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I honestly stopped paying attention. There's actually so much good content out there it became possible to ignore superhero movies and for the most part, movie theatres in general. They feel like a thing of the pas already. Good content is no longer in theatres. 

Then why are you here? If you don't like theatrical releases, why go into a forum all about theatrical releases? Just seems like a waste of time to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Don't quite see how Belfast only hits 1.6m off a 650k Friday, think it could get as high as 2 with that number tbh. Not bad for it. Honestly we are finally starting to see some good holds and good limited release numbers (French Dispatch in particular). Just as we start to enter another wave of course - though with boosters, children vaccines, and new therapeutic pills, it could be the last big wave.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

Not very happy with the Friday's surge especially for Eternals since I thought Fri will likely as a gap holiday for many. This could lead to a more normal Sat bump.     

eternals friday bump seems to be in the range of 25-35% like the rest of the movies, this weekend.

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

eternals friday bump seems to be in the range of 25-35% like the rest of the movies, this weekend.

Yeah, and looking back to 2010 when the Veterans Day was on Thursday too, movies that were in the lower end of that range on Friday tended to do a higher-end bump on Saturday and wise versa (if a quick glance to those numbers didn't betray me). Though there were of course exceptions and outliers.

Very, very small chance Eternals hitting Deadlines updated prediction. $26m looks like absolute roof, and probably hits between $24-25m ~ 66% 2nd weekend drop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

Yeah, and looking back to 2010 when the Veterans Day was on Thursday too, movies that were in the lower end of that range on Friday tended to do a higher-end bump on Saturday and wise versa (if a quick glance to those numbers didn't betray me). Though there were of course exceptions and outliers.

Very, very small chance Eternals hitting Deadlines updated prediction. $26m looks like absolute roof, and probably hits between $24-25m ~ 66% 2nd weekend drop.

Black Widow did 8M in its 2nd Friday (25.8 weekend) as a comparison to Eternals 7.8. I think its hold will be similar to that going forward. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

it all depends on the sat bump..

• Like 1