Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (11/12-14) | Eternals 7.82 Fri, Clifford 4.22

5 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Is NEON hiding Spencer's Friday number? Just wait until theatres are past their two-week commitment to the movie. 

Deadline reported it at 483K. Thursday was 342K so its a normal bump of low 40s. Its estimation was 1.59M for the weekend so a  total of 4.7M.

3 hours ago, Flopped said:

I've lost track with these shitty superhero movies. So after Raimi's Spider-Man, they rebooted it again with Andrew Garfield then ditched that and now have rebooted it AGAIN? And people are actually excited? 

They also bought back Star Wars, Star Trek, AND Mission Impossible (with the guy from Rain Man). They’ve got a live action Clifford The Big Red Dog out now too. It’s CRAZY.

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

They also bought back Star Wars, Star Trek, AND Mission Impossible (with the guy from Rain Man). They’ve got a live action Clifford The Big Red Dog out now too. It’s CRAZY.

Dustin Hoffman in a spy franchise? Is it a sequel to Marathon Man? Is Laurence Olivier in it? 

2 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Black Widow did 8M in its 2nd Friday (25.8 weekend) as a comparison to Eternals 7.8. I think its hold will be similar to that going forward. 

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

it all depends on the sat bump..

Yeah, I based my calculations on the 2010 comparisons which differs a bit from the "normal" weekends and played with the Sat & Sun range based on that data. E.g. +40% & -45% or +35% & -41% hits into 24-25. Can go over 25 but hard to see it getting over 26.

Edited by von Kenni

22 minutes ago, AJG said:

Did they reboot MI again with like Will Smith in 2008 after the 2006 instalment underperformed compared to the previous one? And then after that had run its course, reboot it again with Chris Pratt in like 2015? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

Yeah, I based my calculations on the 2010 comparisons which differs a bit from the "normal" weekends and played with the Sat & Sun range based on that data. E.g. +40% & -45% or +35% & -41% hits into 24-25. Can go over 25 but hard to see it getting over 26.

We will see,while deadline is many timeS wrong i would like to believe that from the moment that they are sticking their neck with 27+ that hopefully it will come close to that.

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Did they reboot MI again with like Will Smith in 2008 after the 2006 instalment underperformed compared to the previous one? And then after that had run its course, reboot it again with Chris Pratt in like 2015? 

Yes. We got a Smith trilogy and we are getting the final movie with Pratt in 2023.

49 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I think you’d be more suited to the old IMDb forums. Or Reddit. 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Just about to watch the #1 movie of the weekend: Red Notice ;) 

27 minutes ago, AJG said:

Reveal hidden contents

Will be an interesting Nielsen list in a months time between Red Notice, Shang-Chi, Jungle Cruise and possibly on the lower end Home Sweet Home Alone, should be lots of new movies on the list. 

Also I'm guessing Netflix will put out some remark that Red Notice is their most watched film ever (don't know how they will compare as they will be using the new hours watched metric) before then. 

1 hour ago, Jamiem said:

Will be an interesting Nielsen list in a months time between Red Notice, Shang-Chi, Jungle Cruise and possibly on the lower end Home Sweet Home Alone, should be lots of new movies on the list. 

Also I'm guessing Netflix will put out some remark that Red Notice is their most watched film ever (don't know how they will compare as they will be using the new hours watched metric) before then. 

My hope is that Shang Chi comes in higher and Netflix are pressured to release films in cinemas.

With the way Netflix release movies I’m going to forget Red Notice ever existed in a month. A Cinematic release might help NF films feel more like events.

14 minutes ago, AJG said:

My hope is that Shang Chi comes in higher and Netflix are pressured to release films in cinemas.

With the way Netflix release movies I’m going to forget Red Notice ever existed in a month. A Cinematic release might help NF films feel more like events.

I think a large part of that is to do with marketing, Netflix very rarely promotes single titles heavily whereas movie studios heavily promote their theatrical releases.

Also Red Notice did get a theatrical release if just a short one and anecdotally here in NZ Netflix films have started showing at Event Cinemas and quite a few of them, I don't previously remember any Netflix films being shown at Event but both Tick, Tick Boom and Red Notice are there with Don't Look Up coming soon (December 9th before a December 24th Netflix release) so seems they may have increased their theatrical footprint which is likely due to the studios having shorter windows and Day and Date. 

I've also just had a look at Event Cinemas AU and Hoyts both AU and NZ and Red Notice is playing at all of them, so Netflix movies at the moment are now playing at the 2 biggest chains in the ANZ region. 

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Netflix “Red Notice broke all records as our most watched film to date!”

Me: “Yes, but how many of them actually watched the whole movie?”

Netflix “[crickets]”

Literally 15 minutes after this post

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jamiem said:

Called it an hour ago lol. 

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Literally 15 minutes after this post