Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (11/12-14) | Eternals 7.82 Fri, Clifford 4.22

NTTD is looking for a 2.85x legs by end of its run, which is about the same as Spectre in 2015. I am surprised by the same level of hold between both movies since Spectre had the advantage of being closer to both Veteran Day and Thanksgiving yet NTTD somehow overcome those disadvantage..  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

NTTD is looking for a 2.85x legs by end of its run, which is about the same as Spectre in 2015. I am surprised by the same level of hold between both movies since Spectre had the advantage of being closer to both Veteran Day and Thanksgiving yet NTTD somehow overcome those disadvantage..  

Overall, it's a great result considering the pandemic effecting more to NTTD's older demos than e.g. MCU's demos, yet still having Spectre legs. It makes sense though considering the reception and being end of an era type Bond. With pre-pandemic times it wouldn't probably hit Skyfall's 3.44 but probably closer to that than Spectre in any case.

1 minute ago, von Kenni said:

Overall, it's a great result considering the pandemic effecting more to NTTD's older demos than e.g. MCU's demos, yet still having Spectre legs. It makes sense though considering the reception and being end of an era type Bond. With pre-pandemic times it wouldn't probably hit Skyfall's 3.44 but probably closer to that than Spectre in any case.

The problem with NTTD wasnt so much the older demos as it was  the young demo.

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

The problem with NTTD wasnt so much the older demos as it was  the young demo.

Are we talking about different things here?

I was talking about the pandemic hesitancy with older demos getting to watch NTTD (Bond's usual demos that saw the Spectre too) in theaters that there clearly was and is based on it's postrak polls. If you were talking that simply younger demos not being interested in NTTD to go see it, then that's true too but a different thing than I was talking about.

As a side note, if I remember right they tried to combat the pandemics affects to older demos by promoting more to the younger demos but not succeeding so well in getting them to see NTTD.

7 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

I legit had no idea Clifford was also on P+. Solid result all things considered. I'm not sure it would've made much more than this pre-pandemic.

With fast search I could only find out that there are about 47m global subscribers but I would imagine most of them being in the States. HBO Max has about the same amount in the US. So Paramount plus' downward pull generally might not be so far from HBO's, however depends of the genre and demos, I guess.

11 minutes ago, john2000 said:

thats actually very decent

Well, I'll be damned, the +51% Sat for Eternals is more than decent. Looking these estimates, they aren't expecting bigger than normal Sunday drops like in 2010 (maybe that data and comparison is pretty useless...). With these estimates they are expecting just 33.5% Sun drop!?

• Thanks 1

Really good holds across the board this weekend it seems minus Eternals obviously (although that could've dropped worse than it did) with nothing truly of note opening. Could also happen again next weekend, especially if Ghostbusters ends up opening on the low end of expectations (King Richard is looking to be the latest adult drama to sputter in the single digits area so that won't be much of a factor either).