Eric Duncan

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Encanto v Gucci v Resi Evil | Sales available on the first page | We're all gonna die of sadness not COVID

15 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

I know this is an Official Talking Point at this point, but it has always seemed very disingenuous to me. People want to be on BOT because it’s got the best quality of insights and info, there is not a parallel version to go to which is similar-except-laxer-modding. 

This dude was way out of line with unnecessary personal attacks and deserved that ban, but the idea that there are a bunch of other good places to discuss box office online doesn’t really hold up — unless there are sites I don’t know of, in which someone please enlighten me.

There's already r/boxoffice and World of KJ. They may not have the same userbase nor insights of BOT, but it's not like users can't still access BOT and visit the Tracking Thread, nor are they unable to add their own tracking results.

And while this doesn't apply to everybody, a good chunk of users are only interested in talking about or discussing the numbers for one or two franchises or genres or directors. And yeah, there are countless of Star Wars, superhero, horror, etc. forums out there tailor-made for people to go to, with people interested in talking about box office.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

House of Gucci would have been terrific at two hours, but the third act is boring and Leto's performance has no soul. First act was really fantastic though, made me think reviews were totally off.

I joked with my mom after we saw it that Leto basically played Paulo like Mario. Maybe Illumination should have got him instead of Chris Pratt (yes I know that's not any better. Real "pick your poison" kind of scenario here).

• Haha 4

I know part of this is my own Little Monster bias, but Lady Gaga honestly crushed it. Woman has screen presence for days and brings the right kind of camp to Reggiani. Though yes, Jeremy Irons is far and away the scene-stealer. Every time he was on frame, the movie soars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Europe probably will, not a chance the US does.... it'd end poorly.

It's already been detected in Belgium, and given how fast things are developing I'm very confident about Europe. I agree with you about the US, though.

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

House of Gucci would have been terrific at two hours, but the third act is boring and Leto's performance has no soul. First act was really fantastic though, made me think reviews were totally off.

That’s because every movie should be two hours!!! I was so excited for this film and then I saw the runtime, and I’m like I’m good. I’ll catch that at some point or I can just wait.

4 minutes ago, Cap said:

That’s because every movie should be two hours!!! I was so excited for this film and then I saw the runtime, and I’m like I’m good. I’ll catch that at some point or I can just wait.

How long should Cap 4 be 👀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think there's about a 30 percent chance that No Way Home/Sing 2 and others (not Matrix) are delayed by the end of the week. I'll look to see if Spider-Man is delayed before tickets apparently go on sale on the 29th.

Nah, I don't think Sony will risk losing the China release date as it happened with Black Widow

It's really a weird time at the box office right now. On the one hand, I can't help but look at those numbers and feel at least a little discouraged that this is probably the least-attended Thanksgiving weekend in ages, discounting last year - an idea thrown into especially sharp relief when there was only a total attendance of 4 at my Black Friday afternoon showing of Belfast today. But on the other hand, thinking back to last year when so many theaters were either barely open or closed altogether, it's such a relief to actually have movies back on a wide scale for the holidays this year.

It gets off to a rocky start but on the whole I enjoyed The Eyes of Tammy Faye and Chastain's performance. Weird how critics were so down on it. They'll either support Marvel movies which are a joke or try-hard Indies like Spencer, not allowing the in-between movies to have a chance. 

17 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

Good news @Cap, NWH is confirmed short after all. That plus the 3 o’clock start should take us to 40M as long as Omnicron hasn’t killed everybody ;) 

This is excellent news. Now we just all need to agree that anything between 120 and 160m is just fine and the sky is not falling!!!

I am like so tempted to just wash my hands of the weekend thread that weekend and be like you know what whatever. I can’t stop you from feeling your feelings. I’m sorry It didn’t get to 200 million. You’re only going to have to deal with 175!! Please just don’t call people assholes. Peace out

✌️

:rofl:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AJG said:

how long is it?

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Boo. Down with less than 2 hrs 30 mins NWH

6 minutes ago, Cap said:

Regal is showing that it is 2:30, which is a whole 10 minutes shorter than it was rumored!!!

Ahem.

RELEASE THE WATTS CUT!!!!!!

Spoiler

What? 

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1