Eric Atreides

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Encanto v Gucci v Resi Evil | Sales available on the first page | We're all gonna die of sadness not COVID

2 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Sigh Thanksgiving box office so far has been boring tbh. Who comes up with names of this variants . Omicron feels like it's straight out of a transformers movie.😅

The Greek Alphabet, they skipped over Nu and Xi.

Delta is obviously the most famous of the strains so far.

Koine.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Didn't feel the need to elaborate as it is pretty obvious why they would skip that one. 

Is slightly interesting that they're passing on Nu, though.  Though I suppose they want to head off the "Nu variant" and "New variant" confusion/commentary/jokes off at the pass.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I didn't knew of epsilon to mu. 

I’m assuming you mean COVID wise, Lambda was the most notable if I remember correctly but a lot of them were regional or fizzled out.

Lambda was the one that spread throughout Latin America with some prevalence. 

source: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/09/covid-heres-what-you-need-to-know-the-lambda-variant.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamiem said:

The Greek Alphabet, they skipped over Nu and Xi.

Delta is obviously the most famous of the strains so far.

Koine.jpeg

Omega is the Endgame. Though I'm less worried about that as what happens when NWH comes out. It's an irrational probability number that it performs over expectations, hence the nuclear blast radius will be huge here. I hope you all that are in that game book your therapy times well in advance.

Parks And Recreation Godspeed GIF