Eric Atreides

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Encanto v Gucci v Resi Evil | Sales available on the first page | We're all gonna die of sadness not COVID

6 hours ago, Eternal Legion said:

Starting to think about IM and daily breakdown for WSS, anybody have some comps to recommend?

No cause nothings like it post COVID. I mean Maybe Mary Poppins Returns.

In a perfect world, before Covid, it probably would’ve made like $100 million. Spielberg movies around Christmas normally make like 90-95M. I had a bunch of charts on this when I did a ITH/WSS club, that totally died, thank you, Covid.

55 minutes ago, Cap said:

In a perfect world, before Covid, it probably would’ve made like $100 million. Spielberg movies around Christmas normally make like 90-95M. I had a bunch of charts on this when I did a ITH/WSS club, that totally died, thank you, Covid.

Don’t think covid has been affecting daily patterns too substantially, maybe slightly weaker Th and Sat with stronger true fri.     

MPR was one of my first thoughts but unfortunately it’s pretty unusable since it opened Wednesday with a Sunday in full winter break mode. I guess I’ll just comb through the archives of two weekends after TG stuff from the 2010s.

6 hours ago, Cap said:

I’m not sure that you’re going to find a good one, only some plausible stretches, in part because it’s a very unusual release date for this kind of film. Musicals tend to aim for family audiences, so are summer fare, or open very close to Christmas Day (Poppins, Showman), or even on Xmas (Into the Woods, Les Mis). Plus it may skew older being a remake and the Spielberg draw 

WSS is in no-man’s land. Sweeney Todd (12/21/07) might be as close as you can get, adjusting for winter break, unless there is something in Sept/Oct or Jan/Feb last decade that’s escaping me

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, M37 said:

I’m not sure that you’re going to find a good one, only some plausible stretches, in part because it’s a very unusual release date for this kind of film. Musicals tend to aim for family audiences, so are summer fare, or open very close to Christmas Day (Poppins, Showman), or even on Xmas (Into the Woods, Les Mis). Plus it may skew older being a remake and the Spielberg draw 

WSS is in no-man’s land. Sweeney Todd (12/21/07) might be as close as you can get, adjusting for winter break, unless there is something in Sept/Oct or Jan/Feb last decade that’s escaping me

This may be a little out of the blue, but did you ever play fantasy movie league?

34 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

This may be a little out of the blue, but did you ever play fantasy movie league?

Possibly ...

reddit-simon-pegg.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Very solid for Gucci. Way ahead of the other dramas this year. 

No other drama this year had nearly as ubiquitous of a marketing campaign, was not put on a streaming platform the same day as its theatrical release and had such heavy manufactured Oscar buzz pre-release.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

No other drama this year had nearly as ubiquitous of a marketing campaign, was not put on a streaming platform the same day as its theatrical release and had such heavy manufactured Oscar buzz pre-release.

And it payoff so congrats to Gaga, i guess.