Eric Atreides

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Encanto v Gucci v Resi Evil | Sales available on the first page | We're all gonna die of sadness not COVID

3 minutes ago, Flopped said:

The lesson I learned from this: don't let yourself get carried away by what Twitter has to say. I bet Nicole Kidman as Lucy will end up being better. 

The lesson I learned is not to listen to anything you say about Stewart since you joined here recently and immediately started dumping on her and continue to do so every 2nd post.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

The lesson I learned is not to listen to anything you say about Stewart since you joined here recently and immediately started dumping on her and continue to do so every 2nd post.

She is terrible in the movie so this laughable notion that she delivers an earth-shattering performance must be dispelled. Are you her agent? Parent? 

3 minutes ago, Flopped said:

She is terrible in the movie so this laughable notion that she delivers an earth-shattering performance must be dispelled. Are you her agent? Parent? 

LOL I'm not a fan of her acting either (have not seen Spencer yet), but you betta get used to her winning the Oscar cos it's gonna happen. Unless Kidman gets it....which is still possible.

1 hour ago, Last Man Standing said:

It has nothing to do with Millennials Ridley, it's just a Gaga stan account sniping at ther perceived competition.

Is it really? Oh wow. Makes sense now. 

having seen Spencer, Gaga has no chance of being in contention with Stewart. Seems Kidman vs Stewart. Although I hate the competition it always turns into within the media. It’s like franchise wars. 

20 minutes ago, Flopped said:

The lesson I learned from this: don't let yourself get carried away by what Twitter has to say. I bet Nicole Kidman as Lucy will end up being better. 

Holy guacamole! I didn't know that there's a Lucille Ball movie coming out!? Just watched the trailer. Javier Bardem and J.K. Simmons too. This can be a total bomb but for me, more interesting than Spencer. She's a legend and I Love Lucy is the first American sitcom that I remember watching as a child. Those member berries...

I Love Lucy Reaction GIF

27 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Why are you obsessed with her? I don't really like her a great deal and have not seen the movie since its not showing here. I don't have much to say about her honestly. She is an acquired taste but she has talent. But listening to you obsess about her getting married or her performances or how bad this movie is and so forth is kinda weird. Maybe take a deep breath and let it go.

Maybe you can contact each member of the academy and tell them not to vote for her. Try not to melt when she is nominated and when she wins perhaps take a nice long walk and a warm bath.

12 minutes ago, Maggie said:

LOL I'm not a fan of her acting either (have not seen Spencer yet), but you betta get used to her winning the Oscar cos it's gonna happen. Unless Kidman gets it....which is still possible.

Not necessarily. Mainly I just don't see a path to victory for her.

With a verified audience score of 50%, she's not winning the SAG. Just not happening.

Don't see her winning BAFTA either, as this is a movie that is going to piss off a lot of people on both sides of the Diana vs. BRF debate.

As for the Academy... Can you really see your average AMPAS member, e.g. 50+ straight white guy from a tech branch, sit all the way through this particular screener?

She has the role and the reviews in her favor, and pretty much everything else against her. It's mainly her extremely vocal proponents on Film Twitter trying to push the narrative of her being the only viable choice for the trophy, all while ignoring all her weaknesses and downplaying other contenders. Whether or not they can keep that up for four more months remains to be seen.

4 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

What's going on? Another who just joined and there 1st post is about KStew and being negative. 

I definitely hope she wins now just for the melts.

I didn't say anything negative about KStew, just shared my opinion on the race.

Oh and if you know a way for a new member to skip straight to the 100th post, do let me in on it!

Edited by b0redinsomniac

Wow, this was certainly a jovial couple pages to read. 🙃

Gentle Reminder: We have threads in the box office forum specific to COVID, and We have a thread in the real world sub forum for US politics. Some of the discussion is probably better suited for those threads. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

She is great in the movie.

Are you a hater?

I'd call it her best performance, but I don't think she deserves the Oscar. An Oscar-winning perf oughta be flawless, and hers does contain one minor flaw:  her accent is occasionally far too "breathy." 

10 minutes ago, b0redinsomniac said:

I didn't say anything negative about KStew, just shared my opinion on the race.

Oh and if you know a way for a new member to skip straight to the 100th post, do let me in on it!

Its a box office forum. Lots to talk about. When you get to 100 posts it would be good if 50 of them are not about her. But if that's what you like then go ahead. Enjoy your time here.

Just now, tonytr87 said:

I'd call it her best performance, but I don't think she deserves the Oscar. An Oscar-winning perf oughta be flawless, and hers does contain one minor flaw:  her accent is occasionally far too "breathy." 

That didn't stop Nicole Kidman. Her entire filmoghraphy her acting is just whispering her lines. Once you notice...ufff

I'd prefer KStwe to win the Oscar over giving Kidman a second one. Spread the wealth

5 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

It's only half a joke. I do believe all of those things about society, but I don't think you can draw those conclusions off the Tuesday preview numbers for Encanto lol. But I also think the Gucci preview number is kinda bad (given the tracking and Gaga fanbase)

Gucci being right behind Encanto is pretty damn good. It's Encanto that disappointed. But it's also Tuesday instead of Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

That didn't stop Nicole Kidman. Her entire filmoghraphy her acting is just whispering her lines. Once you notice...ufff

I'd prefer KStwe to win the Oscar over giving Kidman a second one. Spread the wealth

This is true of Kidman but Stewart aint touching her To Die For performance. 

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

LOL. When does Verified Audience score matter for awards. Kirsten's performance has got the raves to win. I am sure she is among the favorites. 

She definitely is among the favorites. There's no disputing that.

It matters because it's been proven time after time that the taste of your average Oscar voter aligns much more closely with the middle-brow general audience than film critics. Even more so for SAG voters.