Eric Duncan

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Encanto v Gucci v Resi Evil | Sales available on the first page | We're all gonna die of sadness not COVID

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

No C John. You don't need them. They will only give you pain.

It’s up to Sing 2 to save theatrical animation. Never thought I’d be rooting for Illumination.

43 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

How bad is it?

How would true wednesday grosses at Encanto ~7m and Gucci ~ 4m look? I am guessing that bad :-(

FYI these are my guesses. I love the data @katnisscinnaplex provided on show counts. That definitely helps with extrapolation. Gucci release is very small. Encanto is facing huge uphill tasks of convincing family audience to come into theaters instead of waiting a month to watch it on D+. I doubt even Sing 2 will able to pull that. We need to be at much better shape with COVID case count before family movies BO recover. 

I am thinking Encanto will gross closer to tracking than my expectations. So will Gucci as well. 

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

How would true wednesday grosses at Encanto ~7m and Gucci ~ 4m look? I am guessing that bad 😞

FYI these are my guesses. I love the data @katnisscinnaplex provided on show counts. That definitely helps with extrapolation. Gucci release is very small. Encanto is facing huge uphill tasks of convincing family audience to come into theaters instead of waiting a month to watch it on D+. I doubt even Sing 2 will able to pull that. We need to be at much better shape with COVID case count before family movies BO recover. 

I am thinking Encanto will gross closer to tracking than my expectations. So will Gucci as well. 

What do people think that would mean for the 5 day  35M for Encanto and 20M for Gucci?

35 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

How would true wednesday grosses at Encanto ~7m and Gucci ~ 4m look? I am guessing that bad 😞

Pretty fine actually. For Encanto that looks like 31ish 3day 45ish 5day, not spectacular but not a collapse, would leg over 100 for sure.    

For Gucci maybe 17 3day 25 5day, still well higher than what I expected last week and way past other 2021 adult drama types.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

Pretty fine actually. For Encanto that looks like 31ish 3day 45ish 5day, not spectacular but not a collapse, would leg over 100 for sure.    

For Gucci maybe 17 3day 25 5day, still well higher than what I expected last week and way past other 2021 adult drama types.

Can you extrapolate from 7m. I am expecting a big drop to 4m or so tomorrow. I dont see how it makes 31m from that. However I hope you are right. 45m over 5 days would be great for Encanto as would 25m. 

BTW those are not extrapolations but measured guess. Gucci for all you know will just do 3m :-) its release is small. Encanto could go even lower. Let us hope deadline provides an update soon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Can you extrapolate from 7m. I am expecting a big drop to 4m or so tomorrow. I dont see how it makes 31m from that. However I hope you are right. 45m over 5 days would be great for Encanto as would 25m. 

BTW those are not extrapolations but measured guess. Gucci for all you know will just do 3m 🙂 its release is small. Encanto could go even lower. Let us hope deadline provides an update soon. 

Just looked at FSS/true wed for coco and moana, around 4.7x and 4.4x. TGD 4.6x, F1 4.4x, WIR2 is 3.9x but the only sequel. If you need a Th to fill in the gap, would be 5.5ish. Your 4 from 7 wed would be waaaaay outside historical norms.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

B+ Cinamascore for Gucci. Doubt it will have much in terms of legs.

Last Duel B+

Last Night in Soho B+

Knives Out A-

Murder on the orient express B (thought it was higher)

A for Encanto

Moana A

Coco A+

Frozen2 A-

Frozen A+

Wreck it Ralph A

Good Dinosaur A

Edited by XO21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

(link)

Shorter Adam Driver:

jerry-maguire-show-me-the-money.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Oscar Isaac was a bit more straightforward. He also said that he's not totally against. If he needs another house or something, he could do it.

So instead of a great filmmaker he just needs a filmmaker that is ready to burn down his house first.

Creeping Parks And Recreation GIF

• Haha 1