Eric Duncan

Tár | October 7, 2022 | Cate Blanchett stars, Todd Field directs | A short film that "expands the universe" will premiere at Berlinale 2023

On 11/15/2022 at 12:24 PM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Movies used to have the credits at the beginning, but for the 1930s it would be 3-4 frames total, much less time consuming. I knew about the credits going into TÁR, but spoke to people who didn't and they were confused, or thought it was a projecting mistake.

It's just "different" to a modern audience and not everyone embraces that. If the movie had openly stated the point it was making by putting the credits first, then critics would have called it too "on the nose". Yet if a movie isn't direct in its message(s), there's a segment of the audience that just won’t get it. I'm not even sure how much I like TÁR, but with some of the baby-brained takes out there, you'd think it was already playing on Netflix and not just to film festival crowds and arthouse fans.

I just hated the opening credits because I thought the song was super annoying lmao. Those kinds of vocals make my skin crawl.

17 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

LMAO yes I am alllll for this

Discard the mc-poo and replace it with the TCU

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1