Eric Atreides

Strange World | Walt Disney Animation Studios | Comes to Disney+ on December 23rd

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well I don't think we can say what the general audience will think quite yet.

Lightyear reception would mean less than $300 million WW, though.

i totally trust that Disney will bring their A-game in terms of the movie’s story and execution. I hope this won’t be as bland as Raya turned out to be, such wasted potential.

The big factor here would be the appeal now so audience would turn up in cinemas. And If I’m being honest, the teaser wasn’t the most appealing of the Disney teasers I’ve seen so hopefully they got something better coming soon.

I hope Disney just moves Black Panther to Feb 2023 so both movies have enough room, it got troubled production anyway so better give it some time to fix everything

22 hours ago, Dingdong said:

So they are releasing this in theatres the same day they’ll release Disenchanted in D+? Damn, Disney is really burying their own grave these days I guess.

They need to just stop with Disney+, it’s killing Marvel, Pixar and now it’ll kill WDAS soon.

You're nuts if you think Disney will close down Disney+.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2022 at 1:42 PM, Jonwo said:

You're nuts if you think Disney will close down Disney+.

Yeah, The Mouse is going to close down what has become a Cash Cow for them, and what they have been planning for years to become one of the mainstays of the Disney company.

SOme fans are living in another reality.

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, The Mouse is going to close down what has become a Cash Cow for them, and what they have been planning for years to become one of the mainstays of the Disney company.

SOme fans are living in another reality.

it's not profitable yet, is it? I guess the plan is to hike prices.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

it's not profitable yet, is it? I guess the plan is to hike prices.

Disney expects it is going to be hugely profitible. Thjey have really built a lot of their corporate strategy around DIsney +,. If it fails, a lot of heads will roll at The Mouse, with Chapek;s being the first.

I’m not sure why everyone’s attacking suddenly about my post, what I’m trying to say is that Disney+ is hurting Marvel, Pixar and potentially WDAS with churning out rapid contents and accustoming the public to streaming rather than theatrical releases… 

52 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

I’m not sure why everyone’s attacking suddenly about my post, what I’m trying to say is that Disney+ is hurting Marvel, Pixar and potentially WDAS with churning out rapid contents and accustoming the public to streaming rather than theatrical releases… 

well I didn't take it as you thought Disney+ would be removed or anything. But I did think it was unlikely that they'd change the release date of a big MCU movie just to accommodate a WDAS movie.

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

well I didn't take it as you thought Disney+ would be removed or anything. But I did think it was unlikely that they'd change the release date of a big MCU movie just to accommodate a WDAS movie.

Yeah, that’s me and my wishful thinking lol 😅

10 hours ago, cannastop said:

Wakands Forever has a much bigger prority with The Mouse then Strange Worlds does.

On 7/11/2022 at 5:54 AM, JustLurking said:

Feb 2023 already has ant-man to begin with so it's not like that would even be a good date for BP. Not like they were going to move it for SW regardless.

As I stated Wakanda Forever is much more important to Disney then Strange Worlds.

1 minute ago, p a p i said:

Really hope this performs at the box office. 

At this point I just want it to break even at least. 

I'm not too interested in it, based on the trailer, but I do want WDAS to make more movies in the future. 🤷‍♂️

I wonder if the animation drought before its arrival will benefit its box office. Thanksgiving is also pretty empty outside of Black Panther 2 weeks ahead.

I just hope Disney won’t drop the ball in marketing this film like they did with Encanto. Lack of trailers, no pop version of one of its song, etc. I guess they really didn’t expect it to be massive.

Just now, Dingdong said:

I just hope Disney won’t drop the ball in marketing this film like they did with Encanto. Lack of trailers, no pop version of one of its song, etc. I guess they really didn’t expect it to be massive.

well... Raya had a pop song in it too, but it wasn't huge either.

And besides which song would they make a pop version out of? With Encanto.