Eric Duncan

Strange World | Walt Disney Animation Studios | Comes to Disney+ on December 23rd

I'm not sure who's saying WDAS might close unless that "kill WDAS" post is being interpreted too literally. They would probably be the last branch standing if Disney fell on really hard times.

Regardless I don't think they're at a point yet where one movie might make or break their future funding the way I do about Pixar post-Lightyear.

Edited by AniNate

6 hours ago, AniNate said:

I'm not sure who's saying WDAS might close unless that "kill WDAS" post is being interpreted too literally. They would probably be the last branch standing if Disney fell on really hard times.

Regardless I don't think they're at a point yet where one movie might make or break their future funding the way I do about Pixar post-Lightyear.

uh no, I don't worry about Pixar either. What's this "kill WDAS" thing?

12 minutes ago, Eric the Extra-Terrestrial said:

They usually drop them in September. Avatar's re-release isn't an exact fit, but better than nothing I suppose.

Also with D23 around the corner it might sense for a drop. They’ll likely attach to Avatar Re release so it can be ready for Lyle.

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

No full trailer for this tonight? I figured this was the ideal time, 2 months out and at D23. Interesting!

Three other big trailers dropped tonight. I get waiting a little bit for this one, since it has the least hype and would get lost in the shuffle easier.

• Like 2

That's why this movie needs to be successful. If it's not, we won't get any more openly gay main characters in Disney films for a very long time. We already know the writers had to protest to get a lesbian kiss into Lightyear, so it's not like this is something the company actively wants to do. 

4 hours ago, Morieris said:

Knowing that the cultural zeitgeist in America is slanting away from inclusivity, I've been concerned that

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not reading that spoiler but I'm not worried... whether or not this movie makes a lot of money has little bearing on the culture at large.

Edited by cannastop