The Wild Eric

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

10 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Speaking of Sony franchises, and I know this is really off-topic, is it weird to anybody else that there's no traction on the next Jumanji movie? I know Dwayne's got 30 other projects coming out this week, but this feels like something that would be a top priority for all parties involved and I don't think this is a franchise that can handle a super long break between movies.

Same also applies to Bad Boys 4. I get both of these projects were hit by COVID, but I would think now would be the time for fast tracking.

Dwayne is also booked for a Wrestlemania main event match so he has to devote time to that as well.

Edited by Cappoedameron

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

SALE IS NOW LIVE!

ONE MONTH OF:

GOLD NOW $10 instead of $15

PREMIUM NOW $5 instead of $10

SILVER NOW $3.50 instead of $7.50

CLICK HERE TO GET A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION

ONE YEAR OF GOLD NOW $145 instead of $165!

ONE YEAR OF PREMIUM $90 instead of $110!

ONE YEAR OF SILVER $65 instead of $85!

CLICK HERE TO GET AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION!

Can't buy subscription. We don't have paypal. 

Direct Debit/Credit, Amazon and other payments available in Pakistan except Paypal.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Reviews for A Journal for Jordan are looking to be weak. Always stan Denzel and MBJ but honestly this just always seemed like a hard sell to begin with. Don't think it would've done well no matter when it opened under any circumstances.

best trailer of the year with the fix you drop

It's probably already gotten to this point but studios are probably terrified of putting their movies anywhere around a Marvel or Disney film for this simple reason. They will lose their money and depending on how big the Disney/Marvel film is they may lose their screens immediately after the first weekend.

I think even WB is going to be intimidated now tbh.

This comes after the shady shit Disney did with Youtube TV.

• Sad 1

West Side Story, Nightmare Alley and The Last Duel have a collective budget of $260 million, and have made less than $60 million at the worldwide box office so far.

At least 20th Century Studios still have The King's Man this year to make up for the losses :fry:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

NWH is already at number 6 after just opening weekend.

Me to Peter Parker right now while pointing at Changjin lake :

May be an image of text that says 'Rank 1 Title The Battle at Lake Changjin Highest-grossing films of 2021 Distributor 2 Hi, Mom 3 No Time to Die t Worldwide gross[1][2] Huaxia Film Distribution $903,878,358 F9 Lian Ray Pictures 5 MGM Universal $841,674,419 Detective Chinatown 3 6 $771,346,0 007 7 Spider-Man: No Way Home t Universal Wanda Pictures 8 Venom: Let There Be Carnage t Sony $726,229,501 $706,084,069 Godzilla VS. Kong Sony Shang-C 10 $587,200,000 Eternais t and the Legend of the Ten Rings Disney Wamer Bros. Toho $493,558,049 $467 863, 133 $432,216,543 $396,988,216'

He's so calm when he begins the order, then he gets scary intense. | Star  wars film, Star wars movie, Star wars kylo ren

It's actually a really good film. I can't wait for the American remake, The Battle of Lake Chickamauga. From the same studio as The Last Train to New York.

Edited by Cappoedameron

3 hours ago, baumer said:

Right, but I haven't been paying attention to movies for 18 months. I don't regret making that prediction I just didn't think it was going to blow up to basically double the size of a last Spider-Man movie. It's not my first horrible prediction and it certainly won't be my last LOL

Hey baumer man. We met around the time of the rise of Spider-Man way back in 2002 and won out when many said spidey would not be that big. Over the years its been many battles (avatar, SR vs pirates 2 etc and love hate fuelling by many impostors in bom and through it all we are still here. Good to see you and alot of the old gang. Spidey is showing he's still got it and maybe looking for another legendary run.

And its cool its because the greatest Spider-Man has returned who started it all.

How are you man and Andrew is not the goat. There is only one Tobey Maguire that started this age of mega comic box office.

Hopefully we will get a spiderman 4 with rami and tobey next. Exciting times during these troubles in the pandemic era indeed. 

KAL-EL of Bom 2002-current

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Speaking of Sony franchises, and I know this is really off-topic, is it weird to anybody else that there's no traction on the next Jumanji movie? I know Dwayne's got 30 other projects coming out this week, but this feels like something that would be a top priority for all parties involved and I don't think this is a franchise that can handle a super long break between movies.

Same also applies to Bad Boys 4. I get both of these projects were hit by COVID, but I would think now would be the time for fast tracking.

I'm guessing it's an availability thing. Jumanji has to balance a huge cast, with The Rock being heavily in demand, Karen Gillan having her fair share of projects, Nick Jonas having reunited with the Jonas Brothers and going on a world tour, it might be hard to get everyone synced up till like mid to late 2022 to even get started on it.

Bad Boys 4 might be able to take a longer delay, the directors of 3 are doing Batgirl for the foreseeable future. Will Smith is doing his Oscar PR till March, Martin Lawrence could probably report to work tomorrow if they asked him.

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

NWH dom and OS numbers will go up with actuals. OS are guaranteed to go up cause they don't get numbers from all countries until actuals. Either way, phenomenal start. :bravo:

Who thinks raimi , tobey and sony and dis wont be coming together for a movie starring tobey soon. Welcome home Tobey. That 15-25 mil you got worth every penny.😎

Just finished Spider-man. It starts really well. Feels a lot more personal than CBMs today. Uncle Ben doing "times are changes" old man jokes but that's about it. The 2nd act of film seems so simple and 3rd act was a big bore. The worst part of film is the love story and that is what the film relies on a lot with its plot. Didn't like anyone in cast except Dafoe as Goblin. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 4
  • Disbelief 6
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Sony is projecting 22.3% Sunday drop, which would be worse than all 200M openers. Need a 15.9% drop to beat IW for 2nd best OW of alltime. Looking at sales around here for Sunday, I think NWH drops around 13 to 14%.

I think it will get it. Come on spidey. I would love 230-280 mil or more. Lets see how many fans go watch again today dru.

Kal-el of Bom ( Avatar 2 is coming prepare yourself!)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

I don't, not at all. 

Lol thats the talk and raimi is doing Dr Strange 2.😉. I think sony and raimi have Kissed  and made up as well. This box office is because the best returned. Why would sony want only one spidey universe movie when you can have so much more. You think venom sony and dis dont know what tobey brings to the table in ticket sales. It may happen. In fact theres alomost no doubt about it. Execs been wanting been wanting the original back in stand alone films again  for along time.

💪

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Haha 1