Eric Duncan

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

I'm so excited for this weekend! It's been a long time since there's been this kind of cultural event energy with a movie. I came back from a mostly sold out showing a couple of hours ago and the audience's enthusiasm was through the roof (and amusingly lots of people didn't seem to know about T&A). It was just simply a really good film and a perfect crowd-pleaser. After seeing it i'm expecting this to get A+ cinemascore and really good legs

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

As an aside, and I know this shows my age again, it was a genuine surprise to see both Aasif Mandvi and Emily Deschanel when I rewatched this. It's always fun to go back to movies you haven't seen since you were like 10 and notice all the celebrities you never heard of as a kid pop up.

Love the movie, but it's really funny thinking about the logic of someone being so mad about getting free pizza they go to another place.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This movie is coming out this weekend?  I was told it was moving and theaters were dead, so this can't be true.....

Enjoy.  The movie is great as expected.  Long live theatrical.  

Honestly I knew the hype was there for it. That being said, I was really worried anyone who wasn't a "super" Spider-Man fan was going to be turned away by all the would-be fanservice and this would end up with less warm reception.

But apparently people are absolutely loving it, which means everything is really lining up. This is the movie people have been waiting two years for, the one to finally get people back in theaters. Tenet, Wonder Woman, Godzilla, Widow/Shang-Chi... out of all the would-be "theater savers" this is the one it has all led up to. This is gonna be a hell of a weekend, lets hope it's the catalyst for something good for theaters.

I won't get to see it until 10:30pm tomorrow... waited too long and the 7pm screening was sold out, but I will absolutely be there. Hopefully this can make it to ticket-attendance heights for the character we haven't seen since the Raimi days.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

BP dom gross is going down, maybe even Avatar dom when it's all said and done. 

Not sure if I'm on board with that quite yet. It would take quite a lot for that to happen, and we are still in a recovering climate. That being said, Black Panther is roughly around the same adjusted for inflation as Spider-Man 2002 and the first Avengers. To match that it's gonna need at least a little over $700M. 

I think I am fully on board for $600M though. At this point I just can't see how it misses unless the concept of "holiday season legs" have gone out the window. Even the most mixed-received Star Wars title managed nearly a 3x multi.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I don't know whether holidays fall on favorable days or not but WOM is going to be fantastic, and January is dead until Morbius. Scream should do well but don't expect some mega opening. 

I’d imagine people who go on an opening day non-holiday Wednesday will have been guaranteed to enjoy it anyway lol. 

I’m hoping Scream will be #1. 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I’d imagine people who go on an opening day non-holiday Wednesday will have been guaranteed to enjoy it anyway lol. 

I’m hoping Scream will be #1. 

I think it will be by that time. 20M+ at least should get it there.