The Wild Eric

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

The Holland/Zendaya fan girls are what I’m talking about.  They’re the ones that don’t shut up about these guys on social media. Pattinson’s emo Bruce Wayne is everywhere constantly. 

There are a few, but loud. In reality nobody gives a cr)p about the pairing holland/zendaya

Emo Batman could be a big selling point, something new

9 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Shang-Chi came out at the peak of Delta and it did fine. The Batman has just as, arguably more hype than Shang-Chi. It'll be alright.

My worry is if theaters get restrictions during the peak since it will be bigger than Delta, it can be enough i think for WB decide to wait a month or two.

But yeah if theaters stay fully opened i think Batman will do fine, this and DS2 is pretty much like NWH, people will see it no matter what, they just need to be properly distributed.

But to be honest i really don't understand why put restrictions in theaters like some countries is doing already, is so easy to just demand masks the whole time. I hope unlike others countries US go on this route instead of lowering capacity.

Just now, grey ghost said:

March Top 5:

1) Beauty and the Beast - 174m

2) Batman vs Superman - 166m

3) Captain Marvel - 153m

4) The Hunger Games - 152m

5) Alice in Wonderland- 116m

Where will The Batman fall?

potentially at the top. If it’s great. 

Four out of the seven solo Batman films have broken the OW record. So this movie, for me, is much more than say, a Thor sequel. 

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I gotta wonder if The Flash will beat The Batman at the box office with the multiverse nostalgia stuff thrown in.

It boosted MCU Spidey so much.

Definitely not. If the Flash opens within $150M of NWH I’d be shocked. I expect it to open similar to Venom 2. The Batman will be more like Captain Marvel.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I gotta wonder if The Flash will beat The Batman at the box office with the multiverse nostalgia stuff thrown in.

I don't think so, the nostalgia is not big enough.

And Sony marketing for NWH was brilliant for making everyone excited without showing anything. I doubt WB will manage to do something similar.

I think it will do pretty big numbers, but Batman will be a bit higher.

• Like 1

Just now, Maggie said:

There are a few, but loud. In reality nobody gives a cr)p about the pairing holland/zendaya

Emo Batman could be a big selling point, something new

maybe not so much the pairing, but they are fans of them both.  Like they are for ‘those who we cannot speak of’. 

With Batman though, I can feel there’s a demo squealing at every pic of emo Pattinson.  We don’t know how significant or not they are, but I’m loathe to play it down. 

First and foremost, if the movie is great then it’s going to be a huge hit. 

2 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Batman could shift I guess. Death on the Nile a definite candidate for selling off/hybrid/stream/delay. Maybe even Downton Abbey. 

The Black Phone just shifted. Those 2 STX films Contract and Operation etc just shifted (company broke) so could go to streaming etc.

Scream is already selling so wont move. I don't think movies have finished shuffling. Marry Me went to hybrid. 

They will want to put Uncharted out in Feb with Holland mania.

Batman is swinging for the same 18-34 base which skews more male and diverse...no way should this Batman move...

Just sayin' it now, like I did for Venom and Spidey...

PS - So, the Uncharted preview followed Spidey's at my last 2 movies...I can see myself seeing it b/c I love Tom Holland's acting...while we don't want to sleep on Morbius, I don't think we should sleep on Uncharted, either...good holiday weekend, great cast, and Tom Holland being in a "Tom Holland" role...

Edited by TwoMisfits

2 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Dont think Matrix does over 150M with HBO Max and middling reviews battling Spidey. I think Scream will do ok. Maybe 60 to 80m domestic. Morbius looks like its doing to do ok as well. I agree around 40M opening. 

I am more concerned about delays for upcoming movies that dont have tickets already out. Once 1 movie movies it will mean 5 others will react. 

No movies have delayed recently due to Covid.  

Edited by EmpireCity

Just came back, packed afternoon showing here. Great movie, it has that special thing that all record-breaking movies need to perform the way they do. 

It's a combination of the draw, the spirit, the flow, the high stakes, and then this one also brings in nostalgia on top of it.

Can't wait to keep on following the numbers! 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Batman is swinging for the same 18-34 base which skews more male and diverse...no way should this Batman move...

Just sayin' it now, like I did for Venom and Spidey...

PS - So, the Uncharted preview followed Spidey's at my last 2 movies...I can see myself seeing it b/c I love Tom Holland's acting...while we don't want to sleep on Morbius, I don't think we should sleep on Uncharted, either...good holiday weekend, great cast, and Tom Holland being in a "Tom Holland" role...

Torn on Uncharted, It looks kinda fun in a cheesy sort of way and maybe thats the tone they want or its actually bad (which is sort of looks like....).

• Like 2

Bullet Train moved to summer because there was a great open spot.  Ambulance then backfilled that April 8th spot.  

STX moved all their movies because they are dead broke and don't have the money to pay for prints.  They are trying to sell or get outside investment.  Don't be shocked that their film library ends up somewhere else.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

Definitely not. If the Flash opens within $150M of NWH I’d be shocked. I expect it to open similar to Venom 2. The Batman will be more like Captain Marvel.

The Batman trailers (both) had huge eyeballs and likes and hype. I think 125 -150M is on the cards for it on OW if its well reviewed.

46 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

They brought back the wrong Batman. The kids and teens that saw Keaton’s Batman in cinemas would be in their 40’s today.

They should’ve brought back Bale.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1