The Wild Eric

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

16 hours ago, grey ghost said:

So did Marvel Studios do the heavy lifting for NWH?

I noticed Sony announced the three picture deal with Marvel after pre-sales for NWH broke the internet.

Seems like Sony really loves the Feige right now.

This hasn't happened...yet. Amy Pascal pondered it in an interview...but SONY/Rothman have not confirmed that at all.  

3 hours ago, XO21 said:

yes but he said he's taking a break so 3 years off (from MCU) I guess.

Negotiation tactics, obviously.  Even if he "goes away"...it will only be until the next script is ready.  

Especially after this weekend -- Holland is cemented for more.  And we already have one more mystery appearance that Sony is "lending" -- could be as soon as Multiverse of Madness.  (And if Tobey wasn't already a part of that -- you can be damn sure they are giving Raimi/Tobey the chance to reunite now!)  

I switched my reserved ticket for TUESDAY to WED. because the Tuesday eve. screening was already filling up!  

42 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Yeah same. After this movie especially. Audiences are clearly hungry for more Spidey content.

Let’s remember we’re going to basically have two different movie Batmen running around simultaneously the next few years. 

Thing is you can theoretically do 4 spidermen but you gotta be clever. Don’t do TASM 3 but…Venom 3 where Garfield and Hardy meet. Spider-Man 4? Nah, why not Tobey be a supporting character in a Mayday Parker movie? 

Yeah hopefully this is case of this Spidey being elevated to a different level (though ofc not on what eventually NWH will end up with) compared to what Homecoming and FFH were which were good results but still decently below the Raimi trilogy attendance wise.

Spider-Man and Batman should be performing above what your other superhero movies are. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-man-no-way-home-50m-preview-easily-pandemic-record-all-time-for-sony-100m-friday-likely-1234898486/

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Swinging To 3rd Best Domestic Opening Ever With $253M+ Overtaking ‘Force Awakens’; Is ‘Infinity War’ Next?

As we told you, once an event film like this catches fire and has momentum, there’s no stopping it, and tonight industry estimates are pegging Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: No Way Home with a $72M-$74M Saturday, -40% from the 2nd best opening day ever of $121.5M, which will put the Tom Holland-Zendaya-Benedict Cumberbatch movie at $253M+

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1