Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** NO WAY HOME SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

I'm a little confused about the forget spell. What about the footage recorded of people talking about Peter Parker being Spiderman, does this all get erased too in their files or youtube videos or whatever? Seems way too convenient even for a superhero movie.

Also I'm kind of bored of the whole let's fight bad guys away from everything else deliberately. I wanted to see some swinging in the city and barely got that. Makes the forest scene or Statue of Captain America's Shield fight a very unexciting backdrop. 

I wonder if they even de-aged Willem Dafoe since he's got one of those old man faces. :hahaha:

Molina they did a good job on but it looked wonky in some scenes. 

The VFX work in the Doctor Strange fight was absolutely incredible. If that's just a hint of what we'll get in DS2 looking forward to it. The VFX teams deserve all the bonuses 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I'm a little confused about the forget spell. What about the footage recorded of people talking about Peter Parker being Spiderman, does this all get erased too in their files or youtube videos or whatever? Seems way too convenient even for a superhero movie.

Also I'm kind of bored of the whole let's fight bad guys away from everything else deliberately. I wanted to see some swinging in the city and barely got that. Makes the forest scene or Statue of Captain America's Shield fight a very unexciting backdrop. 

I wonder if they even de-aged Willem Dafoe since he's got one of those old man faces. :hahaha:

Molina they did a good job on but it looked wonky in some scenes. 

The VFX work in the Doctor Strange fight was absolutely incredible. If that's just a hint of what we'll get in DS2 looking forward to it. The VFX teams deserve all the bonuses 

It's literally magic... Magic so powerful that opens portal from other worlds and that is the part you don't believe? haha.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

It's literally magic... Magic so powerful that opens portal from other worlds and that is the part you don't believe? haha.

Fair. :hahaha:

I just assumed from the wording in the movie everyone forgets him, but probably didn't go into too much detail for the convenience of clean slate. Oh well.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

If you could believe that people could disappear in Harry Potter movies on a crowded platform... and never filmed, when at the entrance of Railway station, these people must have always been photographed/checked at least once by camera.

Believing that all footage related to Spiderman will be gone is no brainer, when Magic is involved. Strange's spell is correcting/interfering in the timeline itself. So, yeah Magic starts its work when Tom Holland revealed his face to anyone. If that spell was just the "forget me" blip that Men in Black did then it wouldn't have opened multiverse.

12 minutes ago, anti-Pedantic said:

If you could believe that people could disappear in Harry Potter movies on a crowded platform... and never filmed, when at the entrance of Railway station, these people must have always been photographed/checked at least once by camera.

There's an in-universe explanation anyways for Harry Potter, but I get your point. I just wish Strange mentioned that everything would forget you which would kind of bother me less about the that specific wording. Unless it was for plot purposes

My other thoughts were Garfield really stole the show. Maguire was alright but he seemed to be playing more of an older type Spider-Man who's made peace with his choices. Garfield on the other hand was fantastic and really showed his emotions. The meta discussion in the film on web shooters was hilarious.

Very happy to see Charlie Cox's cameo which everyone seemed to know about for awhile lol.

Giacchino's soundtrack is good but that bit of Elfman's music when Maguire's Spiderman talks to Sandman show's who's boss still in my opinion. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, anti-Pedantic said:

Believing that all footage related to Spiderman will be gone is no brainer, when Magic is involved. Strange's spell is correcting/interfering in the timeline itself. So, yeah Magic starts its work when Tom Holland revealed his face to anyone. If that spell was just the "forget me" blip that Men in Black did then it wouldn't have opened multiverse.

Harry potter actually shows that when you do the spell, it erases everything. 

Herminone did that spell on her parents and we were shown all the pictures got erased.

Just now, Dbui8743 said:

Harry potter actually shows that when you do the spell, it erases everything. 

Herminone did that spell on her parents and we were shown all the pictures got erased.

Hermione didn't use a single spell but modified her parent's memory and that too not in first six books. So, wait maybe in next ten years you will get answer for this in MCU too. Anyway, the point was - it does happen no? So, if Magic can do wonders there, then Dr. Strange who is a powerful Magician so, it should be easier for him to do that, no?

Haven't seen the movie but read and seen some spoilers. How could anyone hate the ending? Emotional af, actual consequence. The movie sounds amazing especially Andrew parts (the catch and then tears - that won't leave a dry eye at the cinema will it?) and even Ned has a great emotional line (that may just hint at something). Oh and the final between PP and MJ may just turn me into a shipper. 

Super-stoked for this. Weekend can't come soon enough.

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, anti-Pedantic said:

Hermione didn't use a single spell but modified her parent's memory and that too not in first six books. So, wait maybe in next ten years you will get answer for this in MCU too. Anyway, the point was - it does happen no? So, if Magic can do wonders there, then Dr. Strange who is a powerful Magician so, it should be easier for him to do that, no?

I was actually trying to make a point for you as in spells can erase everything. Your argument is just making it harder for the movie to make sense. A spell to erase everything, does doctor strange even know the depth of where the data is stored to erase everything lol?

But other point about why people do not film anything on the platform for so long because the books started without phones good enough to film anything and database not as intertwined as modern civilisation. The last film was when our phones werent good enough to film proper HD movies. It was the year iphone 4s came out.

Scenes between the 3 are absolutely phenomenal! The dynamic is beyond amazing. I love it that they struggle with the team work til Tom takes the lead because he was in the Avengers. "that's cool. is it a band?" :lol:. "Peter 1 and Peter 2". "I love you guys". 

The theme is actually healing rather than Kill the Big CGI Blob. There are so many emotional moments between different Peters and villains they managed to cure.

The moment when all 3 remember their losses. 

Goodbye hug.

Comparing how they shoot webs. Tobey wins by doing it organically. :lol:

The bad back joke! :rofl:

Believe me you'll have lump in the throat so many times.

over 2 billion without China here we come! I cannot imagine that this movie won't have insane rewatch value. 

Oh and Venom (but not Hardy) remains in in MCU. part of the simbiote doesn't return to his universe. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Scenes between the 3 are absolutely phenomenal! The dynamic is beyond amazing. I love it that they struggle with the team work til Tom takes the lead because he was in the Avengers. "that's cool. is it a band?" :lol:. "Peter 1 and Peter 2". "I love you guys". 

The theme is actually healing rather than Kill the Big CGI Blob. There are so many emotional moments between different Peters and villains they managed to cure.

The moment when all 3 remember their losses. 

Goodbye hug.

Comparing how they shoot webs. Tobey wins by doing it organically. :lol:

The bad back joke! :rofl:

Believe me you'll have lump in the throat so many times.

over 2 billion without China here we come! I cannot imagine that this movie won't have insane rewatch value. 

Oh and Venom (but not Hardy) remains in in MCU. part of the simbiote doesn't return to his universe. 

whixh is strange. What was the point of transporting him in the first place? Symbiotic could have been introduced in the McU other ways especially since the cosmic aspects have been explored 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

whixh is strange. What was the point of transporting him in the first place? Symbiotic could have been introduced in the McU other ways especially since the cosmic aspects have been explored 

The point was… V2 is about to beat v1 in gross 😛 

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

well, Multiverse isn't closed so Eddie's return to his universe in a mid-credit could be just temporary. People love Hardy and Sony would want to have him in Spidey movies. Cannot imagine that Marvel would veto it. Hardy's committed performance is why Venom movies are such huge hits despite dubious quality.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

In the end do people forget just Peter Parker or forget Spider-Man as well?  The latter wouldn’t make much sense I feel and will probably easily be undone so Spidey can be in another Avengers film without complication 

He is still Spiderman but without Stark gadgets. he has home-made suit. Also, his involvement with the Avengers is forgotten too. It's kind of like total Spiderman reset. 

Edited by Valonqar