Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** NO WAY HOME SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Her last name is Jones-Watson but she only uses Jones.

1 minute ago, Fox20 said:

So the retcon is telling us she is MJ when she has always been MCU MJ?

OMG THE NERVE MARVEL.

literal laugh out loud.

Not Garfield wiping the floor with Tobey and Holland...like it wasn't even close. I just wanted to spend time with him when he came on.

Dafoe was legit terrifying in the scene he killed May. Would've happily ditched Lizard, Electro and even Sandman (THC clearly filmed all his scenes in front of a green screen 100 miles from any other actor) for more of him.

• Like 1

yeah the hoodie he wore in that scene made him really scary. he was also super deranged after he stabbed Tobey and taunted Tom that it was Tom who killed May, hoping to undo Tobey's attempt to stop Tom's murder intent. Any Goblin scene that utilizes Dafoe's manic face is gold. I hated Goblin mask in the first Spiderman. Didn't have the same effect like Mad Dafoe.

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Ending is surpassingly harsh. Maybe too harsh. Has Peter been in a position where he has no friends or support whatsoever?

In old movies? Don't think so. Here? It's his choice. he prepared a speech to reconnect with MJ and even started to read it but then decided that his friends were better off without him. It's ST Luke Skywalker-level self exile. 

@John Marston Tobey was fine but his role is a mature Spiderman without carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Unlike Andrew who still couldn't forgive himself for losing Gwen or freshly de-aunt'd Tom. So his role is less showy. he excels in comedy moments, though. His displays of organic web superiority, "is it a band?", banter and chemistry with the other 2 was just great. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I notice some comments saying Tobey is not good in it though I wonder if that has more to do with his mild mannered Peter Parker feeing jarring in comparison to  the quippy and loud MCU characters and the energetic Andrew Peter 

Garfield is firing on all cylinders here. Tobey and Holland are acted right off the screen.

Tobey and the MCU humour don't mesh that well tbh. He needed dorky Raimi's dorky direction (or direction at all tbh).

• Like 1

I hope they find a way to bring back Emma Stone. She and Andrew were a dynamite and she's a superstar. I don't know whether they are friendly IRL after the breakup. Tobey and Kiki weren't. She tried to replace him as PP with her then bf Jake(sterio). Gossip you learn on reddit subs. :lol:

Edited by Valonqar

I don't want to whinge too much because the movie is good, but Giacchino's score is the absolute pits.

Horner's theme is buried (and playing when Garfield talks to Max?!?), the Elfman themes are there but buried in the mix/orchestration to the point that you think they're embarrassed to have them in there. Giacchino's new themes make absolutely no impression and his own Spidey theme completely fails to be 'epic' in the way it needed to be.

Stinky poop.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

36 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Who the fuck could have predicted ASM 2 would one day have plot points being addressed in an MCU movie? Hell isn’t Andrew telling Tom what happened to Gwen the main reason he does the spell in the end?

not really lol its more the fact that the spell is actually bringing everyone who knows Peter Parker in every universe to his universe so he decided to make everyone forget him to negate the spell (i think I got that right)

38 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I don't want to whinge too much because the movie is good, but Giacchino's score is the absolute pits.

Horner's theme is buried (and playing when Garfield talks to Max?!?), the Elfman themes are there but buried in the mix/orchestration to the point that you think they're embarrassed to have them in there. Giacchino's new themes make absolutely no impression and his own Spidey theme completely fails to be 'epic' in the way it needed to be.

Stinky poop.

Giacchino doesn't have the balls to put the Electro suite in there.