The Wild Eric

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** NO WAY HOME SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

1 hour ago, Coldbird said:

Curious if the hype would be bigger or smaller if they would have included toby and andrew in the marketing anyway.

Not including 'em was gr8 idea.

See, if they actively promoted it people would have expected even more involvement from them. By not including 'em in Marketing, they were relegated to 'Cameos' but the surprise is - they are way more involved than Cameos. This simply uplifts the movie into "more than what I expected" category. IMO, they should have not shown Sandman and Lizard either in promotion.

• Like 3

It was amazing, well done Jon Watts, it was very hard film to put together and pull off, many places where it could have been screwed up and he made it work really well. 

I liked how they used and presented Tobey's and Andrew's Spider Mans and their villans. 

Dafoe and Molina were really good. 

MCU's Peter Parker finally has matured, best performance from Holland in the role, looking forward to next trilogy with him. 

9/10 from me. 

• Like 2

On 12/14/2021 at 6:34 PM, excel1 said:

The ending sounds so lame, why does marvel keep doing this?

The ending was great. Why do you think it’s lame? I’ll probably see in replies cause I’m reading thread for first time but this is a strange take unless you’re talking about Venom which  was clearly set up to collide with our Peter eventually.

On 12/15/2021 at 1:51 AM, BoxOfficeZ said:

Fair. :hahaha:

I just assumed from the wording in the movie everyone forgets him, but probably didn't go into too much detail for the convenience of clean slate. Oh well.

Strange told Peter that it’ll be as if he never even existed so I’m wondering does he even have a social security card anymore lol. Happy didn’t know who he was but knew of Spider-Man. I noticed Peter had a GED book so he never got to graduate from high school. I loved him using the police scanners. That’s  something I loved about the game.

Just got out from seeing it. 

Overall, I enjoyed it but didn’t think it was amazing or anything. The first part felt like it dragged a bit and took a little too long to get going. Where it finally picked up for me was after Peter got the box from Strange. Everything after that was really good. 

Tobey and Garfield did a really good job. There interactions with each other and Holland was a definite highlight. 

Electro, Doc Ock and Goblin were all great but I felt Sandman and The Lizard were a bit underused. Also, I didn’t understand Sandman’s motivation to help Electro in the end. He says at one point that all he wants is to get back to his daughter but then decides to fight against Peter? I don’t know, seemed weird to me. 

Grade wise, I’d say A-

• Like 2

On 12/15/2021 at 6:46 PM, RealLyre said:

I'm not exactly sure but I think they changed Wong's dialogue from the first teaser?  I don't remember him saying "don't cast that spell it's dangerous" in the actual movie.  

that first teaser was quite misleading so I guess Marvel marketing is still on point

Yeah the dialogue is completely different. Wong didn’t come off as “you can’t do this at all” but more like “it’s dumb to do this and just leave me out of it”.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BK007 said:

They didn't even credit Rhys Ifans or I must have missed it. I thought it was weird how little both of them were featured, so I assume they weren't really in it? All just CGI?

Also, can someone more keyed in let me know -

Dr Strange 2 was meant to come out before this pre-pandemic, but in the trailer at the end, it seemed like Dr Strange 2 is based on what happened in this film...so did they have to reshoot the entire film or something? Just because of the pandemic and Sony wanting to release Spider Man first or what's the story behind it?

Black Widow was supposed to come

out before FATWS and GOTG3 before Thor4. I imagine it got changed at script level for all 6 of these projects. Covid really fucked with the MCU lol

Edited by eddyxx

Unless both of them are hell bent on not coming back, I would be surprised if we dont see them again. I am sure Sony will also want them back again. This is too good to not try again even if the same level of impact may not be there next time around. 

Give us follow up movies for Tobey/Andrew. SM4 and TASM3 as well from Sony :-)

So, why exactly were Electro and Tom Hardy’s Venom transported to the MCU? They didn’t know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. In fact, they didn’t even know Peter Parker at all. If anything, it seems like it would’ve made more sense for Topher Grace’s Venom to be transported.

Also, as a side note, it would’ve been neat if they brought up the fact that Doctor Strange supposedly exists as a fictional character in Tobey Maguire’s universe. 

By the way, I definitely heard a brief snippet of the Electro theme when we first see him, but none of the chanting. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2