Eric Atreides

Everything Everywhere All At Once | March 25, 2022 | A24 | Michelle Yeoh | From the Swiss Army Man directors | Profit of 32M

48 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I believe a copy for vod put up too early,  so only on pirate sites now

It was officially released in some places.

It was announced more than a month ago, i'm surprised they didn't changed the date tho 

Still, i doubt it will impact box office.

finally got a chance to see this today and controversial opinion time; i thought it was really good. definitely a movie i would've made it my entire personality if i saw it when i was like 14.

drags a little in the climax though

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 4

Honestly, I think deciding to make the mother-daughter stuff the crux of the movie is why it falters for me a bit. Homophobic mom learns not to be homophobic isn't really an interesting arc and the actress who plays the daughter wasn't good. Feels like the romance between Yeoh and Huy Quan should've been the center of the movie.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Homophobic mom learns not to be homophobic isn't really an interesting arc

For who? Straight people? 

Because i'm pretty sure that's one of the most touching and palpable LGBTQIA+ treatment on family spaces i've seen in a movie, and it is resonating with these audience. 

I would agreed if that's the whole point of the movie, but it's not, it's almost a MacGuffin actually, just very well done.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Honestly, I think deciding to make the mother-daughter stuff the crux of the movie is why it falters for me a bit. Homophobic mom learns not to be homophobic isn't really an interesting arc and the actress who plays the daughter wasn't good. Feels like the romance between Yeoh and Huy Quan should've been the center of the movie.

I didn't think the homophobia was the crux, but her relationship with Joy in general.

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

For who? Straight people? 

Because i'm pretty sure that's one of the most touching and palpable LGBTQIA+ treatment on family spaces i've seen in a movie, and it is resonating with these audience. 

I would agreed if that's the whole point of the movie, but it's not, it's almost a MacGuffin actually, just very well done.

Sorry I didn't realize straight people can't criticize a movie's lgbtq themes. Alice Wu did whatever this is trying to do 20 years ago even better by actually making a movie that is about the lesbian romance (but no one gave a shit). This clearly was focusing on something else, while at the same time using the daughter and her girlfriend as plot devices. I guess that's what you mean by "macguffin" and I don't get how that's a good thing. That's just the movie being exploitative lol. Like idk man, all that stuff feels like it's for lesbians as much as Green Book is for black people.

22 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Sorry I didn't realize straight people can't criticize a movie's lgbtq themes. Alice Wu did whatever this is trying to do 20 years ago even better by actually making a movie that is about the lesbian romance (but no one gave a shit). This clearly was focusing on something else, while at the same time using the daughter and her girlfriend as plot devices. I guess that's what you mean by "macguffin" and I don't get how that's a good thing. That's just the movie being exploitative lol. Like idk man, all that stuff feels like it's for lesbians as much as Green Book is for black people.

Everyone can criticize everything. 

It's just that the way it was written make it looks like these themes aren't good enough to be in the center of the movie. 

"Homophobic mom learning to not be homophobic isn't interesting" doesn't really talk about how you feel about the development of it, seems more like diminishing the whole theme itself, which is why i said it sounds like a very straight thing to say. 

I'm not saying you are like this of course, it was just poorly written imo and give a bad impression in the end. It was the only reason for me to answer actually, because now that you talk about how you feel about the development i can understand why you think it isn't well done and it's more exploitative than really helpful, i think that's fair while i disagreed.

• Like 1

So it is confirmed for June 7, about 75 days after its theatrical debut, or about 3 weeks after the VOD debut. 

https://variety.com/shop/how-to-watch-everything-everywhere-all-at-once-1235282555/

The film will arrive on streamers such as Apple TV and Amazon Prime on June 7, before being released in 4k UHD and Blu-ray next month. Plus, the film comes with an extra eight minutes of unseen bloopers when purchased through Apple.

Will this marked the end of a legendary run? I hope A24 can give EEAO a one last expansion this coming weekend since no major film opening this weekend to make it blast past 60m comfortably. 

A24 will expand theatre count to above 1400 this weekend to capitalise on empty marketplace. Should have no problem clearing 60m this weekend and pretty much that is it for its impressive run. Unlikely the film can still pulling in significant number with streaming and all the major competition ahead although the film is actually a good counterprogramming.

I decided to go see this today. I was surprised that one of the theaters nearby has 2 sold out showings in the middle of the day when the movie has been out for months. I know the movie has good wom but wow. Anyways I see why it has good wom cause that movie was the craziest thing I’ve seen this decade. I definitely want to see it again.