Eric Atreides

Everything Everywhere All At Once | March 25, 2022 | A24 | Michelle Yeoh | From the Swiss Army Man directors | Profit of 32M

So I saw this is playing at my local AMC in concord today so I bought myself a ticket and am seeing this for the 4th time on the big screen today :ohmygod: I’m going to see Scream VI right after. There’s about 10 people in my showing, amazing considering this came out a whole year ago!

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

Wasn't my fav film but I'm so happy for its awards success. Really gonna open the door to more unique films imo.

I hope the success of it spurs people to check out Yeoh's early Hong Kong work, been a huge fan of hers for a while and it's great she has finally gotten recognition in the West.

Edited by TheDude391

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

do we have any idea as to which of daniels is the most hard-working and/or competent (at this point in time)?

i actually watched the movie Schienert directed by himself so i'm gonna say Kwan.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

https://deadline.com/2023/04/most-profitable-movies-2022-highest-return-1235324425/

When it comes to original voices on the big screen, A24 knows where to mine the auteurs. Having originally been in business with Daniel Kwan and Daniel Schneinert on their farting-corpse film Swiss Army Man, which the distributor acquired out of 2016’s Sundance, it easily boarded their fantasy martial arts multiverse movie Everything Everywhere All at Once. Casting Michelle Yeoh was key; the movie paid great homage to her. An added bonus was casting former Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Goonies child star (now grown-up) Key Huy Quan; the pic dynamited the his acting career. A24 knew it had something — not just a fun ride, but something the moms in the audience could weep over given the pic’s moving storyline about the ups and downs of mothers and daughters. A24 shot the film out of a cannon at the first return-to-person SXSW post-Covid and a year later found the movie onstage at the Dolby Theatre winning seven Oscars of its 11 nominations including Best Picture. A24 oversaw the pic’s foreign sales with co-financing by Ley Line Entertainment. After screening the movie extensively to create buzz before its release, in addition to special Imax shows, Everything Everywhere All at Once is A24’s highest-grossing movie ever at the domestic and global box offices. It also provided a beacon of hope for the struggling indie box office sector, the takeaway being that dynamic original material for the 18-34 crowd is what will keep arthouses thriving down the road. The Daniels notched a first-look deal at Universal following the film’s success.

• Like 1