AMCTheater2000

The Contractor | STX | April 1, 2022

https://deadline.com/2021/12/stx-release-date-changes-contractor-bed-rest-operation-fortune-1234892360/

This will push STX’s other action thriller The Contractor from March 18 to April 1. The Contractor will now open up against Universal’s Jimmy O. Yang-Jo Koy movie Easter Sunday. The logline for the Tarik Saleh-directed STX movie that stars Chris Pine, Ben Foster, Kiefer Sutherland, Eddie Marsan and Gillian Jacobs: After being involuntarily discharged from the U.S. Special Forces, James Harper (Pine) joins a private contracting organization alongside his best friend (Foster) and under the command of a fellow veteran (Sutherland) in order to support his family. Overseas on a covert mission, Harper must evade those trying to kill him while making his way back home.

Looking forward to this. That mid-March to Early-April is kind of a clusterfuck now for adult targeted movies though

March 18 - Operation Fortune 

March 25 - The Lost City

April 1 - The Contractor

April 8 - Ambulance

Edited by Pinacolada

1 hour ago, Pinacolada said:

Looking forward to this. That mid-March to Early-April is kind of a clusterfuck now for adult targeted movies though

March 18 - Operation Fortune 

March 25 - The Lost City

April 1 - The Contractor

April 8 - Ambulance

I'm seeing on firstshowing.net that the release dates are more spread out than that—Operation Fortune on January 21st and Ambulance on February 18th.

52 minutes ago, filmlover said:

In theaters and on PVOD the same day.

Goddamnit.

I was thinking they'd just sell this to streaming, or at least move it since that span of weekends is pretty packed with Adult targeted movies. Poor Chris Pine

EDIT: The trailer is pretty whatever. Fingers crossed its good but idk. Just want a good Black Ops thriller that is more grounded than Ambulance (which I'm also looking forward to)

Edited by Pinacolada

I don't think this is even going to get a nationwide release, maybe only a handful of theaters overall. Seems STX isn't even handling this movie anymore, the trailer was uploaded by Paramount Movies, the channel devoted to Paramount's VOD and home entertainment division.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, datpepper said:

I don't think this is even going to get a nationwide release, maybe only a handful of theaters overall. Seems STX isn't even handling this movie anymore, the trailer was uploaded by Paramount Movies, the channel devoted to Paramount's VOD and home entertainment division.

It looks like whoever released that trailer first accidentally released it. Seems like it's gone from YouTube and every channel that uploaded it.

Great start to the marketing lol.

The trailer was also super weird. Had no momentum. Guess it's just a dump. I didn't expect it to he a hit but I did expect that it would be pretty solid. Good team behind it

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7glvM8Xh0w

STXfilms Sells Chris Pine-Ben Foster Reteam ‘The Contractor’ To Showtime; Watch The Trailer

So limited theatrical release and PVOD on April 1. Paramount+ and Showtime later this year. Weird
Edited by Pinacolada