The Wild Eric

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

Whew, I haven't logged in to this site since The Last Jedi. Just checked in to say that it feels so good to have a epic BO run to follow once again. Still hoping Omicron doesn't drop the hammer on NWH's domestic run over the next week or two. I swear, if it reaches 750-800+ amidst all of this pandemic stuff, it's one of the more triumphant and impressive totals of all time. I'm rooting hard for this one. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I think rapid tests might be valid, but my nose is not dying for movie theaters.

😂I know what you mean. I absolutely hate the nasal swab. It doesnt involve the small pain of blood withdrawal but it just feels weird. A few months back one had to do a rapid test to enter any malls too but now it has been changed so that only vaccinated people can enter. 

1 hour ago, GoblinXXR said:

Good news then, these are admitted via a totally different hole…

Here PCR test involves both nasal and throat swab and rapid antigen test involves nasal swab. So cant avoid the nose unfortunately 

11 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Ontario avoid shut downs of Cinema over Christmas for now :) 

(doctor said today no more restrictions till after xmas)

here we really are the laughing stock of the country huh... ? :sadfleck: only ones who closed them

But, that's good for numbers, Ontario is the most populous province of Canada, so great news for Domestic BO

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Daxtreme said:

here we really are the laughing stock of the country huh... ? :sadfleck:

But, that's good for numbers, Ontario is the most populous province of Canada, so great news for Domestic BO

I wont be shocked if you guys arent under a curfew by early Jan 

Quebec shutting down is a 1% hit on daily numbers but Ontario shutting down would be like 3-4% hit on daily numbers. It would have hit Spiderman quite a bit.  (40% of population times 7 % of Canada gross for No way Home so far) 

Edited by Torontofan

3 hours ago, XO21 said:

"Even with Christmas falling on a Saturday, which means a slower Friday due to Christmas Eve, industry estimates have Spider-Man: No Way Home falling around -45% in weekend 2, assuming all market situations are normal given the Omicron swirl."

Deadline, isn't it very optimistic?

Deadline expanded a bit on their projection in this article 

https://deadline.com/2021/12/christmas-box-office-spider-man-matrix-resurrections-sing-2-1234900168/

The $143M projection is for Friday-Monday. Because Christmas is on Saturday, Monday is an observed holiday for a lot of people. TFA did $180.56M and Endgame $158.09M on their second Friday-Monday for comparison

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Deadline expanded a bit on their projection in this article 

https://deadline.com/2021/12/christmas-box-office-spider-man-matrix-resurrections-sing-2-1234900168/

The $143M projection is for Friday-Monday. Because Christmas is on Saturday, Monday is an observed holiday for a lot of people. TFA did $180.56M and Endgame $158.09M on their second Friday-Monday for comparison

Looking at the numbers, I can see $155-165M from Friday-Monday. Something like 26-52-47-33. I'd love to see Sat-Sun-Mon be like Shang-Chi 1st Sat-Sun-Mon. Give us something like 26-52-50-43. 

So, if there's any person on this thread who hasn't seen the new Spidey movie - go:)!  My review is in the Spidey thread, but it's that good.  And you don't have to know anything about supers to love it, or even who they might be - my daughter's Polish boyfriend was clueless and he came out saying the movie was "perfect, awesome, and A+++++"...

Seriously, go even if you buy a late night ticket on an aisle seat on the 4th weekend -  just experience it.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Encanto dropped just 36% yesterday and is up 106% from last Monday. $100 million still possible if Sing 2 doesn't hit it too hard, but it's still stupid to release it on Disney+ right before Christmas.

it's leaving theaters my dear fellow poster

7 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I think EmpireCity mentioned Disney renegotiating to keep Encanto in place of WSS (or split screen) in many theaters.

That is true - at one of my Cinemarks starting Dec 25, Encanto is keeping a full screen in a tiny theater, but WSS is dropped to a 1/2 screen share with Nightmare Alley in the tiniest theater (2 showings each)...

At the other which never had Nightmare Alley, WSS does keep a full screen but Encanto drops to 3/4 screen and loses the post 6pm shows to Spidey...of course both movies are in the tiniest theaters...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

Nightmare Alley is getting cut down to 1-2 shows a day at a lot of theaters near me starting Saturday while WSS is holding onto screens all day pretty much everywhere. Guessing Disney's fine with letting the former go since it was always gonna have a ceiling as to how well it would do and the latter's absurdly large drop this past weekend was clearly all on Peter Parker sucking up virtually all the theater oxygen.