Cap

Attack of the Fangirls: The 69 Greatest Ships of All Time | AKA The Best Film Romances EVA List | CLOSED

I have an old 80's movie couple at number one.  I doubt anyone else here will have this movie on their list so hopefully my number one placing gets it on the countdown.  BTW....both old actors here are Hollywood legends and the actor won his first and only Oscar for this movie.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I have an old 80's movie couple at number one.  I doubt anyone else here will have this movie on their list so hopefully my number one placing gets it on the countdown.  BTW....both old actors here are Hollywood legends and the actor won his first and only Oscar for this movie.  

On Golden Pond?  Great pairing - fantastic film.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe I overlooked that these couples were already mentioned (but I didn't see them).

The mentioned Terminator relationship reminded me of:

Another update:
Rocky: Rocky and Adrian

Die Hard: John and Holly McClane

Color of Night: Bill Capa and Rose (an underrated Film IMO)

Basic Instinct: Nick and Catherine
Gone With the Wind: Scarlett and Rhett
The Thorn Birds: Meggie and Pater Ralph (never ask your family for more suggestions ;), but it's a TV-series, I don't know if this counts)
Cleopatra: Cleopatra and Mark Antony
Doctor Zhivago (1965): Lara and Juri
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: Robin and Marian
Dances With Wolves: John Dunbar and Stands With A Fist/Christine

It's probably easier in Europe to mention older films because they're still well known and regularly broadcasted :). Will think about others but I think 69 is just too much for me. 

On Golden Pond was a big hit as I learned later. Saw it only once and still remember many scenes. I think you're right @TalismanRing.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 3

Just now, el sid said:

Maybe I overlooked that these couples were already mentioned (but I didn't see them).

The mentioned Terminator relationship reminded me of:

Rocky: Rocky and Adrian

Die Hard: John and Holly McClane

Color of Night: Bill Capa and Rose (an underrated Film IMO)

Basic Instinct: Nick and Catherine

It's probably easier in Europe to mention older films because they're still well known and regularly broadcasted :). Will think about others but I think 69 is just too much for me. 

I think even though the list will be 69 that the list limit is 40 for the main list (20 for the other) because of @Cap's scoring grids.  Is that right Cap?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think even though the list will be 69 that the list limit is 40 for the main list (20 for the other) because of @Cap's scoring grids.  Is that right Cap?

Yes!

So @el sid I am looking for lists of either 40 or 20 Canon ships; and 20 or 10 fanon ships. 

I purposely did it that way because I know sometimes people don’t want to submit like a full list of 100. And I also am trying this way to see if it evens out scoring a list that has 15 and trees the same as a list that has 75 entries. So now it’s just everyone submits 40 (or 20). And we’re going to reveal 69!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My Fanon List, aka the worst list I’ve ever made for these forums

1. Pikachu / Mewtwo (Detective Pikachu / Pokémon: The First Movie)

2. Poe Dameron / Finn

3. Lebron / Bugs Bunny (Space Jam: A New Legacy)

4. R2-D2 / C-3PO (Star Wars)

5. Harry / Luna (Harry Potter)

6. Mila Kunis / Natalie Portman (Black Swan)

7. Troy / Sharpay (High School Musical)

8. Magneto / Professor Xavier (X-Men)

9. Gellar / Blair (Cruel Intentions)

10. Titanic / Iceberg (Titanic)

11. Shrek / Donkey (Shrek)

12. Kylo Ren/ Hux (Star Wars)

13. Dancing Tobey / Gwen Stacey (Raimi Spider-Men)

14. Arwen / Galadriel (Lord of the Rings)

15. Frodo / Sam (Lord of the Rings)

16. Merry / Pippin (Lord of the Rings)

17. Legolas / Gimli (Lord of the Rings)

18. Gandalf / Saruman (Lord of the Rings)

19. Jar Jar / Pit of Carkoon (Star Wars)

20. Dumbo / Bambi (Disney)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

My Fanon List, aka the worst list I’ve ever made for these forums

5. Harry / Luna (Harry Potter)

6. Mila Kunis / Natalie Portman (Black Swan)

7. Troy / Sharpay (High School Musical)

8. Magneto / Professor Xavier (X-Men)

9. Gellar / Blair (Cruel Intentions)

15. Frodo / Sam (Lord of the Rings)

16. Merry / Pippin (Lord of the Rings)

WTF? These are actually good and popular.  For example, who doesn't ship MagneX? I mean: 

Magneto-and-Charles-First-Class.jpg?q=50

Please add my vote for this canon couple!

Also, Sam/Frodo and Merry/Pippin are shipper classics:

Sean-Astin-Frodo-Samwise-thumb-700xauto-

b7807e408a0b19645d9ee964ae28b645.jpg

Also, any Harry/ is better than Harry/Ginny but Harry/Luna is actually great

890d1f439a21147f81b4ef8aea5439bc.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

P.S. We need to include the granddaddy of shipping: Spirk. I know that Pine/Quinto weren't the originators but their characters were and new actors introduced this iconic ship to younger audience:

kirk-spock-2015-x750.jpg

Why are we voting for them when

**Wrath of Khan is a movie and absolutely eligible**

star trek spock GIF

• Like 1

@Cap for ships like Han and Leia, Wanda and Vision, Lois and Clark, Sam and Frodo, etc can we just say the franchise name (Star Wars, MCU, Original Superman, LoTR, etc) rather than having to name one movie from those franchises? Because different people might name different movies from the same franchise for the same characters which might dilute their rankings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

@Cap for ships like Han and Leia, Wanda and Vision, Lois and Clark, Sam and Frodo, etc can we just say the franchise name (Star Wars, MCU, Original Superman, LoTR, etc) rather than having to name one movie from those franchises? Because different people might name different movies from the same franchise for the same characters which might dilute their rankings. 

Yes. 

I won’t count it against Han and Leia if 5 people put ESB and 2 people put TFA. And when I reveal the results, I’ll make sure on those particular ships, to include the breakdown of which movie they got nominated for.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

Oh damn.  I thought we were submitting 69 entries.  But only 40 actual physical/sexual relationships and then 20 ships that don't involve romance?  

I am going to reveal the top 69. I am not asking for lists of 69. I’m asking for lists of 40 canon relationships, and/or 20 non-canon relationships.

From those I’m gonna tabulate the big giant list.

• Like 2

Here's a person's list of non canon from someone born in the 70's

1) Elliott and E.T.:  ET the Extra Terrestrial

2) Sam and Frodo:  Lord of the Rings

3) Rambo and Trautman: First Blood

4) Aragorn and Legolas:  Lord of the Rings

5) Steve and Bucky:  Captain America

6) Rocky and Micky:  Rocky

7) Rocky and Paulie:  Rocky

8.) Professor X and Magneto:  X-Men

9) Thor and Hulk:  Avengers

10.) Loki and Thor:  Avengers

11) Riggs and Murtaugh:  Lethal Weapon

12) Barney and Christmas:  The Expendables

13) Deadpool and the old blind woman:  Deadpool

14) Freddy and Jason:  Freddy vs Jason

15) Loomis and Michael:  Halloween

16) Gordie and Chris:  Stand by Me

17) Lane Meyer and Charles DeMar:  Better off Dead

18) Duckie and Andi:  Pretty in Pink

19) Quint and Hooper: Jaws

20) Tony and Peter:  Avengers End Game

• Like 2

I guess it's about time I did some Honorable Mentions:

CANON LIST:

Albert and Armond

The Birdcage

NO SERIOUSLY THIS IS THE ONE.  THIS IS TRULY THE OOOOOONE.

Hedwig and Tommy Gnosis

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

FANON LIST:

Jules and Jess

Bend It Like Beckham

76972-fox_searchlight.jpg
We were absolutely robbed of this not being canon

• Like 1

We're about a week away from the deadline, so you're about to start getting spam notifications from me to send in your list.  Thank you if you already have!

@#ED @Porthos @4815162342 @75Live @A Star is Orm @a2k @aabattery @ACSlater @AJG @Alpha @AndyLL @angeldelmito @Arlborn @Barnack @baumer @Biggestgeekever @Blaze Heatnix @boomboom234 @Boxofficerules @BoxOfficeFangrl @BoxOfficeZ @Brainbug @Eric Smith@Captain Craig @CaptainJackSparrow @Catty @cdsacken @cax16 @Jedi Jat @chasmmi @ChD @Chewy @ChipMunky @CJohn @Claire of Themyscira @Cmasterclay @cookie @CoolioD1 @DAJK @darkelf @Darth Lehnsherr @Daxtreme @ddddeeee @DeeCee @Deja23 @EarlyDeadlinePredictions @Eevin @el sid @ElsaRoc @elcaballero @Empire @EmpireCity @Exxdee @Fancyarcher @FantasticBeasts @Films @Finnick @FlashMaster659 @franfar @Frozen @FrozenUnicorn @FrozenFan626 @Goffe @Gopher@IceFire9yt @Inceptionzq @IronJimbo @Ithil @Jack Nevada @James @Jandrew @Jason @Jayhawk @Jim Shorts @JimiQ @JJ-8 @justvision @K1stpierre @Kalderic @Kalo @kayumanggi @KeepItU25071906 @kitik @Krissykins @lilmac @Lion Roar @LonePirate @m3racer123 @Mattrek @MCKillswitch123 @Mekanos @Menor @Michael Gary Scott @Mike Hunt @misafeco @Morieris @MovieMan89 @Spaghetti @MrGlass2 @Ms Lady Hawk @Mulder @Napoleon @narniadis @Neo @Noctis @Nova @Olive @Ozymandias @peludo @Porthos @RandomCat @RealLyre @Rebeccas @reddevil18 @redfirebird2008 @RichWS @RobrtmanAStarWarsReference @Rorschach @rukaio101 @Sam @sfran43 @Shawn @Sheikh @ShouldIBeHere @SLAM! @Spidey Freak @TalismanRing @tawasal @terrestrial @That One Guy @The Fast and the Furiosa @ThiagoMaia @titanic2187 @TLK @Tower @tribefan695 @trifle @TwoMisfits @VanillaSkies @vc2002 @VenomXXR @ViewerAnon @Walt Disney @Water Bottle @Webslinger @Wrath @WrathOfHan @YourMother the Edgelord @ZeeSoh @Jake Gittes  @Plain Old Tele @Ethan Hunt @Xillix @Rorschach @YourMother the Edgelord @Reddroast @Jandrew @grim22 @MrPink @chasmmi  @Eric in Boots @Blankments @MrGamer @Cap @CJohn @charlie Jatinder @tribefan695 @Empire @Jayhawk the Hutt @Sal @DAJK @ZeeSoh @carolwoodpr @RealLyre @Arendelle Legion @aabattery @TMP@Jamiem @lorddemaxus@ThomasNicole

• Like 4