Eric Duncan

The Flash Leaks Discussion | Enter if you dare!

DCEU was garbage anyway. I really don't care what they do at this point and the GA doesn't either. The DCEU needs to be rebooted. It's just a shame that Batman will because separate universe again. The whole DC property is so poorly mishandled. They seriously need their Kevin Feige

I think it’s pretty easy to change the DCEU timeline and get rid of the Snyder films. Just go back to Man of Steel and change the ending, that’ll change everything!!

With the confirmation that Zod and Faora actors are coming back, I’m assuming they’ll change the MOS ending. Superman doesn’t destroy the city or kill Zod, instead he fights them in the open/fortress of solitude and traps them in the Phantom Zone, with Supergirl’s help perhaps? That effectively means BVS never happens (no Zod body for Doomsday, no destroyed city for Batman to get mad at…etc). Which means JL never happens because the Trinity never teams up, Superman never dies and Steppenwolf never arrives on Earth due to Superman death. Clean slate for all these characters to meet again! 

My only question is how do they bring in Keaton Batman? And where do we go from here? 

A JL with Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Shazam has potential, maybe add a GL from the HBO show and you’re good. At first I was mad but now I’m intrigued how they’ll pull this off. Definitely a Herculean task

Edited by El Gato
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

DCEU was garbage anyway. I really don't care what they do at this point and the GA doesn't either. The DCEU needs to be rebooted. It's just a shame that Batman will because separate universe again. The whole DC property is so poorly mishandled. They seriously need their Kevin Feige

This is the sad reality of DC films unfortunately and why things are changing. 

Hoping people care more about the characters going forward. Doesn’t matter which characters you use if the stories/movies aren’t good. 

Just now, cax16 said:

This is the sad reality of DC films unfortunately and why things are changing. 

Hoping people care more about the characters going forward. Doesn’t matter which characters you use if the stories/movies aren’t good. 

The awkward thing is they’re only sort of changing. They get the angst of flushing some movies from the timeline, but it’s unclear how much this will get the benefits of a clean slate.   

I think in a twisted way Wonder Woman made all of this harder — if that hadn’t been the massive success it was then it’s easy to do an ~total hard reboot in 2018 and just pick things up with like, Aquaman and Battinson as the start of a new universe.

16 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Seems like changing the MoS ending should also affect Aquaman and TSS, but I guess logic goes out the window with this stuff anyway.

I don’t think it’ll effect Aquaman. He had one throw away line in his movie about Steppenwolf. His adventure can still happen, he just wouldn’t have met the other Leaguers yet. 

SS, BOP and TSS are also effected because Task Force X is never assembled in the first film due to Superman not dying. That means Harley was never free… though you can erase the first film and just say after BOP is when Harley was captured and TSS is the first time Task Force X assembles… guess we’ll see in November 

New timeline: 

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman 1984

Man of Steel (kind of)

Aquaman 

Shazam 

Birds of Prey

The Suicide Squad 

Black Adam 

The Flash 

Edited by El Gato

11 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

The awkward thing is they’re only sort of changing. They get the angst of flushing some movies from the timeline, but it’s unclear how much this will get the benefits of a clean slate.   

I think in a twisted way Wonder Woman made all of this harder — if that hadn’t been the massive success it was then it’s easy to do an ~total hard reboot in 2018 and just pick things up with like, Aquaman and Battinson as the start of a new universe.

I think they know they’re gonna piss off a certain segment of the fan base but they’re looking at the bigger picture here, kinda like with TSS this year, all of this stuff has previous baggage but it seems like they’re trying to build the universe out more and hope for the best. It’s gonna be somewhere in between their old strategy of only solo movies and the marvel formula. 

I’m just excited to see more characters interact. For me that’s what makes Marvel movies so fun, and while I don’t need DC movies to be Marvel (they never will be), a bit more connectivity will be great. 

Edited by cax16

Honestly if I were DC I would ignore the shared universe idea for a while longer. Get a good streak of successful individual heroes, then soft retcon Aquaman/WW into a universe with those (Battinson is off the table I suppose but I would try to get him in there).

Edited by Menor Reborn

9 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Honestly if I were DC I would ignore the shared universe idea for a while longer. Get a good streak of successful individual heroes, then soft retcon Aquaman/WW into a universe with those (Battinson is off the table I suppose but I would try to get him in there).

I think it’s gonna be pocket universes with some smaller characters crossing over and then maybe in a while build towards a bigger movie.

Like we’ll have the TSS side of things with Peacemaker spin-off etc, Gunn mentioned last night other spin offs are already in the works. He also mentioned an “established” DC hero shows up in peacemaker. We have Black Adam/Shazam part, we know the producers of Black Adam say they already have spin offs planned and are waiting to make announcements, we also know that one of the agents from TSS show up in Black Adam and Wonder Woman is in Shazam 2. 

Basically the plan was to have the movies and then use hbomax to have some spin offs from the theatrical movies. 

I just don’t know what’s gonna happen with the flash and potential spin offs but I assume it’s going to lead into a Supergirl

movie and maybe Batgirl will be introduced in the flash as well before her movie releases on Max.

I didn’t include the Pattinson/reeves stuff cause we know they already have spin offs in the works but I don’t think it will ever cross over into the larger DCEU.

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

There's no point in resetting the timeline to negate the Snyder Films.

I understand that the Batman situation is weird one because their most popular character is getting a new iteration but the shared universe which is supposed to help support the other DC heroes won't have access to him. So rather than trying to get the GA on board with another Batman they plucked Keaton's Batman since he is pre-established. 

Superman again it's an odd one where we really don't know what's going on with Cavill and WB so instead they want to use Supergirl which is fine (although recasting shouldn't be something they dismiss). 

None of this requires resetting the timeline though. They literally can just say Keaton and Supergirl got transferred to another universe like what happened to the legacy characters in NWH.

I do think overall we are closer to the end of this current version of the DCEU than the beginning. I can see them do a full reboot via say a Crisis on Infinite Earths event on film and then from the group up redo Superman and the JL.

I have no interest in this film apart from the box office aspects of it, but with that being said....

WTF are those leaks! DC is such a f*cking mess. The fact that I absolutely believe they're doing it, says something terrible about how DC is being run. 

The Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad and Aquaman success changed everything. They no way in hell would recast or stop making Gal's WW and Momoa's Aquaman movies.

If wasn't for that, a recast in everyone and restart from zero would be the best idea.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It sounds they're doing a New 52 to the DCEU so perhaps if things get a bit tricky in a few years time, they'll do a Rebirth and introduce Doctor Manhattan as the culprit.

These guys can barely make the main DC Universe work, they shouldn't be touching Dr. Manhattan with a 50 foot pole lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

The Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad and Aquaman success changed everything. They no way in hell would recast or stop making Gal's WW and Momoa's Aquaman movies.

If wasn't for that, a recast in everyone and restart from zero would be the best idea.

They should do the marvel multiverse approach. Some universes the character looks exactly the same. Other universes, the character looks different. Just reboot and keep the actors you like. If the MCU ever needed to be rebooted, I'm sure that's what they would do.

2 hours ago, CloneWars said:

They should do the marvel multiverse approach. Some universes the character looks exactly the same. Other universes, the character looks different. Just reboot and keep the actors you like. If the MCU ever needed to be rebooted, I'm sure that's what they would do.

I think they have plans to adapt Crisis on the year DC will turn 100 (2034). We know that this saga is big and have a lot of heroes involved, and that would explain a lot of things that they are doing (maybe).

A reboot starting in The Batman would be amazing to me, but Matt would never agree. But it's not a secret for no one that DC is always better doing their work individually.

Edited by belblazer