Eric Atreides

The Flash Leaks Discussion | Enter if you dare!

Maybe I'm being naive, but there was always something odd to me about the 6 fucking months filming for this movie. It's massive. I wonder if they filmed the movie with many different key scenes to know which one would fit better.

I know that it will have cameos and people in this industry are busy, so it was better to film it many times than call them later for reshoots.

I'm really curious about the screenings.

Going back to Man of Steel (a film that came out 9 years ago) and retconning the ending this late in the game seems futile. It wasn't all that well liked by the GA but it's been so long now, do they even remember it or care enough that it's "in the way" of a fresh slate so to speak?

I think it makes no sense for Flash to go back in time to change what happened in Man Of Steel. What would be his motivation to do that? Things didn't end tragically for anyone at the end of the theatrical cut of Justice League, from what I remember (I refuse to rewatch that).

Besides, the entire destruction of Metropolis and Zod's eventual death happened because he and Faora were determined to kill people one by one. Even if you think Superman could have avoided that, that's not the logic presented by the movie, and there's nothing Flash could say to Superman that would change that - Superman already didn't want to have to destroy Metropolis or kill Zod.

There's also Lex Luthor's role in the events of BVS and JL, and his motivation was simply Superman's existence. Even if Luthor couldn't exploit Bruce's fears or use Zod's body to recreate Doomsday, he would still hate Superman and try to destroy him any other way.

Edited by Napoleon

Some guy on Reddit leaked all of this 4 months ago and nobody noticed.

The whole thing feels desperate. The corporation grasping at whatever straws are left. You can't tell me that thins is the foundation you want to build a Justice League from? With an 80 year old Batman? No Superman? 

Spoiler

A new Justice League feature film is in early development at Warner Bros. & DC Films. A script is being tackled by Christina Hodson, who appears to have become some sort of architect on the DCEU after her work on The Flash, Birds of Prey and Batgirl. Talking about The Flash, this new JL film would be some sort of follow-up to it with Andy Muschietti directing. There are a few producers attached: Charles Roven, Geoff Johns and Barbara Muschietti. Walter Hamada will executive produce.

What I heard is that WB/DC was very positively surprised with The Flash, and that they gave the Muschiettis a choice to direct either another Flash standalone film or the studio’s planned Justice League reboot, which had already been in the works for the last couple of years with the tentative title of Justice League: Rebirth (as reported by DCEUMythic last year) with Roven, Johns and Hamada attached. Aside from Rebirth, there are a few more titles being tossed around: Justice League: Unlimited (like the animated series), The Justice League (in similar fashion to James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad), and a more traditional Justice League 2 — although this one is unlikely due to WB’s wish of ignoring both 2017 and 2021 films and not wanting for this to look like a direct sequel.

It’s still very early in the process but I happen to know some info on the plot and the members that are featured in Muschietti, Hodson and Hamada’s plans at present. Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill are out, even though there’s still some internal hope for Cavill to possibly cameo as Superman in other films like the Supergirl standalone feature; Cavill is not expected to appear as a fulltime Justice League member in this new film because of his scheduling conflicts due to The Witcher and other upcoming projects of his own. Affleck on the other way will outright exit the DCEU and be erased from continuity after the events of The Flash and Michael Keaton’s version will take over with Tim Burton’s films from what I heard now being canon. Keaton, as expected since his return was announced by trades last year, will serve as a Nick Fury-like figure for the team, mentoring the entire JL. Ray Fisher will not return and WB is NOT planning to recast Cyborg, it seems they are instead simply removing the character from the team.

Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller are all planned to stay as Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash in this new timeline and will continue on as members of the Justice League. This all leads us into a female trinity for the DCEU: Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Sasha Calle’s Supergirl and Leslie Grace’s Batgirl. In addition to them, other characters introduced in previous DCEU films will be a part of the team, I notably heard Zachary Levi’s Shazam, Jurnee Smollett’s Black Canary, Mary Elizabeth Winstead’s Huntress and Xolo Maridueña’s Blue Beetle. There are also characters that haven’t been cast yet planned to be members — Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern (John Stewart from what I heard). I do know that the studio had plans for the Vixen character in the DCEU at some point but she does not appear to feature here. Currently, WB/DC is planning to introduce all of these characters in other projects before the team-up film (Green Arrow is likely in Misha Green’s Black Canary and John Stewart will be in the Green Lantern Corps film.) Although I have no idea if there are Hawkgirl or Martian Manhunter standalone films in development, this seems like a safe bet specially since WB did not allow The Rock to use Hawkgirl in Black Adam.

It’s also important to say that this new film won’t take influence nor follow any storylines from either Joss Whedon’s nor Zack Snyder’s versions of Justice League and will be entirely its own thing (specially since it takes place in a new, rebuilt timeline.) From what I heard, at least in this particular film they aren’t using either Darkseid nor the Legion of Doom as the villains. The new film would be used to launch an entirely new Justice League franchise with a new storyline in place.

• Like 3

If nothing else, these past few weeks have confirmed that WB hasn’t given up on an interconnected universe after all. At this point though, I’m much more interested in Matt Reeves’ Batman universe. I probably would’ve been more interested in this new DCEU if it was clear that we still had a Superman.

2 hours ago, AJG said:

The whole thing feels desperate. The corporation grasping at whatever straws are left. You can't tell me that thins is the foundation you want to build a Justice League from? With an 80 year old Batman? No Superman? 

Reveal hidden contents

Seems fine to me, JL has many different teams so if the movies work and are good then great. I’m hoping they can figure out a way to keep Cavill or incorporate another Superman though. 

If DC wants good movies, they really should just start over on everything and make good standalone movies and to NOT try copying Marvel on everything.   Ben Affleck assessed the state of things...clearly saw the writing on the wall and wanted out.  Nuke the Snyderverse from orbit, its the only way to be sure.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 11:38 AM, El Gato said:

I don’t think it’ll effect Aquaman. He had one throw away line in his movie about Steppenwolf. His adventure can still happen, he just wouldn’t have met the other Leaguers yet. 

SS, BOP and TSS are also effected because Task Force X is never assembled in the first film due to Superman not dying. That means Harley was never free… though you can erase the first film and just say after BOP is when Harley was captured and TSS is the first time Task Force X assembles… guess we’ll see in November 

New timeline: 

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman 1984

Man of Steel (kind of)

Aquaman 

Shazam 

Birds of Prey

The Suicide Squad 

Black Adam 

The Flash 

The scenes in Wonder Woman where she receives the photo from Bruce would have to go, as well.

Edited by Fielding

On 1/3/2022 at 6:40 AM, Napoleon said:

Besides, the entire destruction of Metropolis and Zod's eventual death happened because he and Faora were determined to kill people one by one. Even if you think Superman could have avoided that, that's not the logic presented by the movie, and there's nothing Flash could say to Superman that would change that - Superman already didn't want to have to destroy Metropolis or kill Zod.

As I just noted elsewhere -- you can perceive the writing/story as one thing -- but the creatives involved CHOSE to go that direction -- they introduced the concept of the Phantom Zone in the movie -- they could have thrown Zod back in there, too, but they chose to go in a different direction.  

Edited by Macleod

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, people are still actively complaining about it as if it’s a big deal? 

Not spontaneously, that would be deranged. But I f the topic comes up naturally, sure? And the topic comes up very naturally given the thread we’re in.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:56 PM, AJG said:

Hide contents

A new Justice League feature film is in early development at Warner Bros. & DC Films. A script is being tackled by Christina Hodson, who appears to have become some sort of architect on the DCEU after her work on The Flash, Birds of Prey and Batgirl. Talking about The Flash, this new JL film would be some sort of follow-up to it with Andy Muschietti directing. There are a few producers attached: Charles Roven, Geoff Johns and Barbara Muschietti. Walter Hamada will executive produce.

What I heard is that WB/DC was very positively surprised with The Flash, and that they gave the Muschiettis a choice to direct either another Flash standalone film or the studio’s planned Justice League reboot, which had already been in the works for the last couple of years with the tentative title of Justice League: Rebirth (as reported by DCEUMythic last year) with Roven, Johns and Hamada attached. Aside from Rebirth, there are a few more titles being tossed around: Justice League: Unlimited (like the animated series), The Justice League (in similar fashion to James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad), and a more traditional Justice League 2 — although this one is unlikely due to WB’s wish of ignoring both 2017 and 2021 films and not wanting for this to look like a direct sequel.

It’s still very early in the process but I happen to know some info on the plot and the members that are featured in Muschietti, Hodson and Hamada’s plans at present. Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill are out, even though there’s still some internal hope for Cavill to possibly cameo as Superman in other films like the Supergirl standalone feature; Cavill is not expected to appear as a fulltime Justice League member in this new film because of his scheduling conflicts due to The Witcher and other upcoming projects of his own. Affleck on the other way will outright exit the DCEU and be erased from continuity after the events of The Flash and Michael Keaton’s version will take over with Tim Burton’s films from what I heard now being canon. Keaton, as expected since his return was announced by trades last year, will serve as a Nick Fury-like figure for the team, mentoring the entire JL. Ray Fisher will not return and WB is NOT planning to recast Cyborg, it seems they are instead simply removing the character from the team.

Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller are all planned to stay as Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash in this new timeline and will continue on as members of the Justice League. This all leads us into a female trinity for the DCEU: Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Sasha Calle’s Supergirl and Leslie Grace’s Batgirl. In addition to them, other characters introduced in previous DCEU films will be a part of the team, I notably heard Zachary Levi’s Shazam, Jurnee Smollett’s Black Canary, Mary Elizabeth Winstead’s Huntress and Xolo Maridueña’s Blue Beetle. There are also characters that haven’t been cast yet planned to be members — Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern (John Stewart from what I heard). I do know that the studio had plans for the Vixen character in the DCEU at some point but she does not appear to feature here. Currently, WB/DC is planning to introduce all of these characters in other projects before the team-up film (Green Arrow is likely in Misha Green’s Black Canary and John Stewart will be in the Green Lantern Corps film.) Although I have no idea if there are Hawkgirl or Martian Manhunter standalone films in development, this seems like a safe bet specially since WB did not allow The Rock to use Hawkgirl in Black Adam.

It’s also important to say that this new film won’t take influence nor follow any storylines from either Joss Whedon’s nor Zack Snyder’s versions of Justice League and will be entirely its own thing (specially since it takes place in a new, rebuilt timeline.) From what I heard, at least in this particular film they aren’t using either Darkseid nor the Legion of Doom as the villains. The new film would be used to launch an entirely new Justice League franchise with a new storyline in place.

Aren't They kinda young to be the holy trinity? Is this all the tricks, with their backs against the wall, that WB has up it's sleeves? Gender Swapping? 

These moves already have DC fans in a hissy fit and it'll also prove to be narratively disastrous. 

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Kinda remarkable that it's almost 9 years since Man of Steel and it hardly feels like the DCEU has gone anywhere forward. 

There wasn't supposed to be DCEU. WB and Snyder initially planned for a Man of Steel trilogy.

and Then Avengers (2012) , still the best MCU movie, came out.

It should be noted that Snyder didn’t envision the DCEU as an expansive ongoing franchise like the MCU. He had a definitive ending planned. Justice League 3 was supposed to be the final movie in his series, and it would’ve ended in such a way that would’ve required WB to reboot everything after that. Clearly though, WB has long since moved away from that. 

Who is telling WB that this is what fans want? It is beyond sad that WB had fucked this up as much as they have, and they have been screwing it up since day.

As a money-making film, Man of Steel was highly flawed. The movie itself was good, not great, thanks to questionable script choices in the 3rd act. The marketing was incredible, but opening it just a week before the Monster U/World War Z combo was insanely stupid. Obviously the next wave of decisions w/ Snyder, Batman and co. were beyond flawed. And now they are sitting on Henry Cavill (who has grown more famous and popular since his previous film) and developing a "Black Superman" film, clearly aimed at capitalizing on the diversity trend of a few years ago. This is an incredible case study of mismanagement and wasted potential. 

Equally amusing is the fact that the floors for their core characters are clearly HUGE. Batman is the biggest solo chatter on Earth. Joker and Aquaman doing $1 billion+ was immense. Wonder Woman clearly a big draw. Superman clearly has a ton of potential. 

If they are serious about not giving Henry Cavill another film, they need to go the full-blown solo route again. Get a popcorn director and make a gen z film starring Jacob Elordi.