Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (1/7-9) | The 355 - 350K Previews (5K short!)

13 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

Is anyone worried about covid when it comes to the movies they want to watch? I mean we had record cases this past week and yet NWH keeps doing tens of millions and is having near historic holds for a huge opener

Irony is NWH would done even more business without a surge in cases. 

Of the 20 people I know who usually watch big mega MCU films only 3-4 watched NWH due to cases and restrictions here in canda. 

I think without Omni Surge I am certain it be challenging endgame domestically. 

Edited by Torontofan

26 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

Is anyone worried about covid when it comes to the movies they want to watch? I mean we had record cases this past week and yet NWH keeps doing tens of millions and is having near historic holds for a huge opener

Maybe a little. If you’re vaccinated and wearing a mask you should be fine though.

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Maybe a little. If you’re vaccinated and wearing a mask you should be fine though.

If your vaccinated then you should feel comfortable going out and those who aren't clearly aren't worried. At this point people are gonna live their lives and unless omicron starts hospitalizing/killing at incredibly high levels people are gonna go out and watch stuff they want to see

50 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

Personally speaking no in general and why should i, i am fully vaxxed and 21 years old, its been 2 years of this situation already and omicron seems to be milder plus the fact that this virus is here to stay so why worry.........personally speaking i am way way past being worried, i am just tired (and angry at my goverments incopetence , though that seems to be a worldwide problem )

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JonahVex said:

Any actuals for the weekend?

There is revised estimate that come close to actual 

Jan 7, 2022 1 $32,750,000 -42% 4,012 $8,163   $668,488,195 4

Sunday

Movie Distr Gross %YD %LW Thr Per
Thr
Total
Gross
D
1 (1) Spider-Man: No Way Home Sony Pictures $9,525,000 -36% -46% 4,012 $2,374 $668,488,195 24
  • Like 3

I saw NWH on a matinee on the first Monday after it came out, was vaccinated, wore a mask and stay away from others and felt completely safe.

I will do the same with The Batman. Don't let Covid ruin your lives, see the movies that you want to see in theaters but take precautions.

• Like 8
  • ...wtf 1

36 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

There is revised estimate that come close to actual 

Jan 7, 2022 1 $32,750,000 -42% 4,012 $8,163   $668,488,195 4

Sunday

Movie Distr Gross %YD %LW Thr Per
Thr
Total
Gross
D
1 (1) Spider-Man: No Way Home Sony Pictures $9,525,000 -36% -46% 4,012 $2,374 $668,488,195 24

Now that Sunday hold is more like it. 2.3M will be a good result for Monday. 

• Like 2

To me, any big blockbuster hyped movie will do just fine going forward. It’s everything else that’s going to struggle at theaters. 

We saw NWH the first Monday, we just went to an early showing so it wasn’t too crowded. And we saw The King’s Man it’s second weekend but of coarse there wasn’t but a few people in there lol