Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (1/7-9) | The 355 - 350K Previews (5K short!)

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

WSS  number :stretcher:   I guess people weren't in the mood for a musical during the pandemic. and no Golden Globes to give it even a small bump

I don't think it's the genre as much as lack of interest for that particular movie. It happens all the time. Movie gets stellar reviews and WOM but most people go "I know but I really have no interest, sorry." Suicide Squad 2 got great reviews and WOM but people moved on, didn't care anymore despite the positive feedback.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Sunday under Friday ? Give me just $700k more and I'll be happy

You're probably correct but I feel like the holidays are officially over for everyone after Sunday and more people will be looking to get other things done before Monday (more than normal). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So after feuding this past summer, Marvel and ScarJo would end up being the saviors of the holiday box office. True heroes putting aside their differences to work together.

I think you're stuck in a moment you can't get out of.

That’s actually not as horrible as I expected for The 355 lol.

Although: remember the headlines this project got when it was announced as a package at a film festival with a photo call. Fast forward two years and now it’s got a 20% RT and opening to $4m. 

• Like 1