Sophia Jane

Minions 2 OS thread

DeadlineOverall, the origins story has had strong offshore midweek performances, adding $14.9M on Wednesday and reaching an overseas cume of $134.6M, which is 11% below the first film at the same point in the same markets. It’s also 2% above Despicable Me 3. The domestic cume through Wednesday is $154.2M. That lifts global to $288.8M.

All 5 DMU films, the WW total is $4.012B. Bananas!

https://deadline.com/2022/07/minions-the-rise-of-gru-illuminations-despicable-me-franchise-passes-4-billion-global-box-office-1235059627/

Edited by Purple Minion

12 minutes ago, WayneBorg said:

I think 380m for domestic is too high. Maybe 320M domestic finish? 

Can it go below 700m worldwide?

350+ Dom

450+ os

Dm3 900 without china with 250 domestic

800 is possible.

• Like 1

• Like 1

The fifth film in Univeral/Illumination’s Despicable Me franchise earlier this week pushed the series across $4B worldwide, maintaining its status as the highest-grossing animated franchise of all time.

This weekend, Rise Of Gru is hitting $400M global after a 39% international dip from the wide open last session, and adding $60.8M in 64 markets for an offshore cume of $195.1M.

In France, Gru and the crew set the biggest Illumination animation opening day of all time, the 3rd biggest animation opening day of all time, and the biggest opening of 2022 (all in admissions and including previews). The opening weekend including previews reached $7.1M at No. 1 which is in line with Despicable Me 2 (excluding previews). Word of mouth is good and a long run is expected. There’s a sort of home-field advantage in France since the bulk of Illumination’s work is done from the market (Rise Of Gru also had its world premiere in June at the Annecy International Animation Film Festival).

While Japan, Korea and Italy are still on deck, the Top 5 markets to date are the UK ($22.1M), Mexico ($22.1M), Australia ($20.2M), Germany ($10.4M) and Brazil ($7.3M).

Edited by titanic2187