SLAM!

65 | April 14, 2023 | Sony Pictures | original science fiction film starring Adam Driver

Bad news about 65. It's anecdotal but I think it's significant:

I like to browse subreddits for the Oscars and the Oscar Race, and under a post about the SXSW film festival's lineup, I saw someone speculating about the secret screening, thinking it would either be 65 or The Northman. Someone replied to that comment, and here's where things get interesting...

The commenter ruled out 65 as the secret screening because they went to a test screening and believed the film to be hilariously terrible. That, and the VFX likely won't be finished in time for the festival—and the tone they wrote with implied the film wouldn't be ready for its upcoming release date. They said that Driver and their co-star are good in the film, but the film's choppy plot and goofy storyline lets the actors down.

We'll see what happens but the movie being bad won't do the film's box office any favors...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SLAM! said:

Bad news about 65. It's anecdotal but I think it's significant:

I like to browse subreddits for the Oscars and the Oscar Race, and under a post about the SXSW film festival's lineup, I saw someone speculating about the secret screening, thinking it would either be 65 or The Northman. Someone replied to that comment, and here's where things get interesting...

The commenter ruled out 65 as the secret screening because they went to a test screening and believed the film to be hilariously terrible. That, and the VFX likely won't be finished in time for the festival—and the tone they wrote with implied the film wouldn't be ready for its upcoming release date. They said that Driver and their co-star are good in the film, but the film's choppy plot and goofy storyline lets the actors down.

We'll see what happens but the movie being bad won't do the film's box office any favors...

Wow. The potential Netflix/Amazon employee(s) lurking in that post's comments section must be rubbing their hands right now. The latter could definitely use another sci-fi film after The Tomorrow War.

• Like 1