Taylor

Scream VI (March 10, 2023)

I would be happy for Sidney and Gale to return but they wouldn't really have any motivation to return to Woodsboro at this point. Could see them in even further reduced roles at best. I personally would rather they bring back Kirby as a main character. Oh, and bring in Samara Weaving, please. 

I'm curious what the title will be. I would be surprised by Scream 6, I'm thinking it'll be something like Scream: Legacy if not Scream Again (or Screams). I know Scream Forever was a working title for Scream (2022) but that would better suit the finale. 

Edited by Taylor

I could see Cox not returning (the new movie would work as a fitting conclusion to her overall arc) but I'd be shocked if Campbell didn't. Sidney is arguably the biggest draw in the franchise after Ghostface.

This preparing for production this summer makes me wonder if they're aiming for Halloween 2023.

• Like 1

In an interview promoting Shining Vale (which is worth watching btw), Courteney revealed she has received the script (hasn't read it yet) and that shooting begins this June. Some horror outlets have taken this to mean she is confirmed to return, but all this means to me is that Gale is likely in the script... not that she's already signed on. But I guess we'll see.

Edited by Taylor

15 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Great news, a tad worried that it’s being rushed but it’s over a year so plenty of time.

Fear not, this one finished in November 2020, so I’m sure they’ve already been writing it and the new cast will have already been locked in for 2 or 3.

I really want someone from Euphoria cast. It’s the best show on TV and I seen the Deadline article about Sydney Sweeney being at the top of every studios casting lists. Unfortunately, she chose the Dakota Johnson Spider Man film. I was hoping she’d do this. 

I’d love to see Jacob Elordi, Alexa Demie or Maude Apatow. 

Anybody think there would not be another Scream film?

The great thing about this franchise is the  cost of the films are so low, you have enough of  a core following who will show up no matter what the reviews or WOM,that you are guaranteed to get your money back and almost certainly make a profit. Can't get a safre investment in the film world.

On 3/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, Boxofficerules said:

What will this one be called? Screaming? Another Scream? Scream 2 Part 2? 

I’m hoping for Screams. 

On a side note, Scream 5 finally hit digital today here in the UK. Will be watching tonight in 4K.