Taylor

Scream VI (March 10, 2023)

39 minutes ago, Lucas said:

How do you lowball Neve Campbell on the sixth film? But yeah, I'm glad Sidney will be safe and the new cast will get the spotlight.

Certainly less worry

32 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I love that the internet's collective response is of genuine happiness that Sid is going to be left alone with her hunky husband and girls.

its true lol 

12 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

IDK I'm fine with this especially with the ending of the last movie. 

Sidney passed the torch at the end and told the new lead that that eventually she's gonna be fine. That's the perfect ending for Sidney.

She doesn't need to come back and die. She can have a happy ending with her family.

Yeh it was a nice ending for her 

45 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Neve Campbell is being screwed out of money, I don't really see a way to spin a happy ending out of this lol

The fans are spinning a happy ending for Sidney the character in the films, not Neve lol. 

Mentioned earlier that Sidney is arguably the biggest non-Ghostface draw in the Scream series but I'm actually fine if Campbell's done with the role. Plus the character has earned a break from being terrorized after 5 movies/26 years. Barrera and Ortega (+ the Meeks twins, I guess) are clearly set up to be the faces of these new movies anyway.

Too bad she's apparently saying farewell (for now?) on bad terms, though.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

There's no way to organically bring back Sidney without making her a victim again, and absolutely noone wants that. Her story is done. 

Gale is high profile and works in media so is easier to integrate. We also don't know hardly anything about her personal life, so there's more to mine there.

This is for the best.  I love Sidney and I want her to have a happy ending. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

One is a fictional character, the other is a real actress not receiving what she deserves

Correct. So obviously no one is trying to “spin a happy ending” for a real person. 

It’s bad that Neve isn’t getting the money she asked for. 

But that doesn’t impact Sidney’s character arc or Scream 5. If Scream 5 is the ending for her character, it’s a tidy one. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Correct. So obviously no one is trying to “spin a happy ending” for a real person. 

It’s bad that Neve isn’t getting the money she asked for. 

But that doesn’t impact Sidney’s character arc or Scream 5. If Scream 5 is the ending for her character, it’s a tidy one. 

I just don't care about any character arc knowing the shady behind the scenes dealings like this. It kinda diminishes everything

Wtf are they stupid? Neve is probably the biggest draw for this franchise and they wont give her the money she demands/deserves?

I mean im glad like everyone that this means Sidney is safe, but ... this is not a wise choice.

• Like 2

I think it is a good choice and increases the chances of a better movie even if fans don't realize that yet.  Her character is done, there are only so many times you can keep bringing characters back in a slasher series like this without it feeling contrived.  

2 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Guessing that they'll double down on Gale. Hard to believe she hasn't actually had a phone call yet. (Well, one she answered - Randy beat her to it in Scream 2.)

That would be great. Gale’s my favourite character in the franchise. 

I was hoping for more casting announcements, but I’m guessing they’re letting the Neve news die down first.