Plain Old Tele

Tele watches Endgame for the first time!

Robert Downey Jr.

Chris Evans

Mark Ruffalo

Chris Hemsworth

Scarlett Johnansson

Jeremy Renner

Don Cheadle

Paul Rudd

Benedict Cumberbatch

Chadwick Boseman

Brie Larson

Tom Holland

Karen Gillan

Zoe Saldana

Evangeline Lilly

Tessa Thompson

Rene Russo

Elizabeth Olsen

Anthony Mackie

Sebastian Stan

Tom Hiddleston

Danai Gurira

Benedict Wong

Pom Klementieff

Dave Bautista

Letitia Wright

John Slattery

Tilda Swinton

Jon Favreau

Hayley Atwell

Natalie Portman

Marisa Tomei

Taika Waititi

Angela Bassett

Michael Douglas

Michelle Pfeiffer

William Hurt

Cobie Smulders

Featuring Vin Diesel as Groot

Bradley Cooper as Rocket

With Gwyneth Paltrow

With Robert Redford

With Josh Brolin as Thanos

With Chris Pratt

And Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 2

[Piggy-backing on the thread]

Loved the first hour with the post-snap reality. They could have made a whole movie out of that.

Thought the second hour with the time-travel stuff was fun nostalgia riff at first but wore out its weclome fast.

Thought the final battle was pretty boring and actually hit the emotinal beats quite badly. I never want to see a big Marvel green-screen battle again. 

Overall I'd say the movie is decent victory lap that isn't even in the top 2 Avengers films, let alone the best SH movie as I've seen a few describe it.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

I personally think infinity war is a vastly superior film. 

Endgame is an emotional ride for the fans of the MCU and has some moments that really hit home for people that been around since Iron Man 1 in 2008. However it gets quite messy especially the stuff about the Cap, but the film is a crowd pleasure.

Infinity war i felt is just non stop ride and the film is about the villain and hits audiences with one of the biggest plot twists in recent memory for a major film. I also felt seeing all the hero's interact with everyone was way better and cool and the fights with thanos were way more entertaining.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

hits audiences with one of the biggest plot twists in recent memory for a major film.

I like IW and the snap scene and I do agree that the GA bought the disbelief but it’s hardly a big plot twist when the GA knows a part two was coming as well as Phase 4 before the movie was released.

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I like IW and the snap scene and I do agree that the GA bought the disbelief but it’s hardly a big plot twist when the GA knows a part two was coming as well as Phase 4 before the movie was released.

I think people knew about the sequel but didnt expect the film to go on this path.

I think people thought maybe the Avengers will fight back thanos and then a big final battle in the next film.

6 hours ago, Hatebox said:

[Piggy-backing on the thread]

Loved the first hour with the post-snap reality. They could have made a whole movie out of that.

Thought the second hour with the time-travel stuff was fun nostalgia riff at first but wore out its weclome fast.

Thought the final battle was pretty boring and actually hit the emotinal beats quite badly. I never want to see a big Marvel green-screen battle again. 

Overall I'd say the movie is decent victory lap that isn't even in the top 2 Avengers films, let alone the best SH movie as I've seen a few describe it.

Almost verbatim how I felt watching it, I went opening night and I got so bored in the middle that I dozed off.  And yeah that final battle oof, what should be this epic climax feels so inert because of the flat direction and washed out visuals.

I will never get over how morally indefensible the film was with Tony Stark at the end and how this has been almost completely ignored in the reviews or conversation around the film.  The selfish d destroyed how many trillions of lives so he can have 5 years with his daughter?  Real hard sacrifice he made and yet this is still the guiding principal of the MCU.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jimisawesome said:

I will never get over how morally indefensible the film was with Tony Stark at the end and how this has been almost completely ignored in the reviews or conversation around the film.  The selfish d destroyed how many trillions of lives so he can have 5 years with his daughter?  Real hard sacrifice he made and yet this is still the guiding principal of the MCU.

wait the guy almost died fighting thanos  and was saved by dr.strange cause he was they key to winning.

But dr strange never told him that.