Daxtreme

My Name (2021) | Netflix | Korean revenge story in the style of John Wick

9t94csE.gif

Imagine The Departed/Infernal Affairs but with lots of revenge-fueled action in the style of John Wick, but female-led, and you'd get this, in the form of a 8-episode mini-series.

Also, the soundtrack is killer especially the song "Mediocre Life" that is an amazing synth wave composition.

• Like 1

Watched it a while ago. Loved it. I have become a little bit of a fan of the lead actress, great performance.

Thanks to Netflix i'm discovering Korean TV shows and i like what i'm seeing. Right now i'm on All of Us are Dead. Also highly recommended. There's a certain quirkiness to them sometimes but they have heart.

• Like 1

It's not a gimmick, the fights are really well done in this show

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

Watched it a while ago. Loved it. I have become a little bit of a fan of the lead actress, great performance.

Thanks to Netflix i'm discovering Korean TV shows and i like what i'm seeing. Right now i'm on All of Us are Dead. Also highly recommended. There's a certain quirkiness to them sometimes but they have heart.

yeah it's on my watchlist. Really loving everything they're putting out right now. 

Still on my Korean shows discovery tour. Just finished with My Country The New Age on Netflix (it's from 2019). What a beautiful tale of friendship and love amidst political turmoil during the Korean middle ages. Provided you are not averse to at times some melodrama (intense staring at each other while a sad ballad is playing in the background - have noticed kdramas are prone to it but one of my favorite movies is Titanic so i can take it hehe) i think you will enjoy it. I was quite the emotional mess by the end. Some great performances (i was mesmerized by the actor who played Prince Bang-won) and the soundtrack has some beautiful tunes, like the one bellow. Watch it!

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

Even though no one seems to care...

Mr. Sunshine - a historical drama taking place in the early 1900s and is about Korea fighting for their sovereignty against imperialistic aggression, especially from Japan. The season might have been close to 30 hours long all in all, which is a lot, but it was all worth it. Engrossing, emotional, heartbreaking and also uplifting. Loved it! Highly recommended if you fancy such tales. It's on - you guessed it - Netflix.

Edited by Elessar

If anyone hasn't seen My Mister on Netflix yet, i urge you to do so. And bring some tissues. Wow, one of the best and wholesome dramas i have seen in recent years. The healing bond that develops between an impoverished young woman and a forty something man struggling in his personal and professional life is so well done and the actors do a fantastic job conveying what they go through. Big props to Lee Sun-kyun and the lovely Lee Ji-eun. Ah, just thinking about it warms my heart. A must watch.

This thread should be renamed to the official kdrama thread. ;) 

Edited by Elessar

On 5/17/2022 at 7:21 PM, Elessar said:

Even though no one seems to care...

Mr. Sunshine - a historical drama taking place in the early 1900s and is about Korea fighting for their sovereignty against imperialistic aggression, especially from Japan. The season might have been close to 30 hours long all in all, which is a lot, but it was all worth it. Engrossing, emotional, heartbreaking and also uplifting. Loved it! Highly recommended if you fancy such tales. It's on - you guessed it - Netflix.

Is this Kim Tae-ri?  :ohmygod:

13 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Is this Kim Tae-ri?  :ohmygod:

Mr. Sunshine was the first thing i saw her in. She did great and she's gorgeous. Korean women are the prettiest human beings, seriously lol. I'm trying to go through her filmography but it's tough. She did some smaller stuff that is not available here. At least got me Handmaiden recently, ready to watch that. As i understand it, it was her debut role which won her awards. Waiting for German Netflix to get Twenty Five Twenty One, as of yet the link is there but it leads to an empty page, dunno what the deal is. Itching to see that, i'm hearing good things about it.

14 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Mr. Sunshine was the first thing i saw her in. She did great and she's gorgeous. Korean women are the prettiest human beings, seriously lol. I'm trying to go through her filmography but it's tough. She did some smaller stuff that is not available here. At least got me Handmaiden recently, ready to watch that. As i understand it, it was her debut role which won her awards. Waiting for German Netflix to get Twenty Five Twenty One, as of yet the link is there but it leads to an empty page, dunno what the deal is. Itching to see that, i'm hearing good things about it.

Btw you probably know this but THE HANDMAIDEN is incredibly graphic, sex-wise. If you've seen BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR, well... it's in the same vein. Just sparing you some potential awkwardness in case you didn't know. Definitely Park Chan-wook's most erotic movie out of all his filmography (although THIRST would be a close second)

:redcapes: