XXR vs XXR

[BOX OFFICE CONTEST] -- 'The Batman' Opening Weekend -- Premium Month Prize!!

Come one, come all! For the foreseeable future, I will be doing box office contests for a variety of films. I'm not yet sure if it'll be one a month, or for each "big" film (my discretion) but I figured this would be a fun thing to do. The prize for this contest will be (1) month of Premium on the BOT Forums. If you already have a Gold or Premium account, you can gift this to someone else (should you so choose). 

Our first film in the contest will be :batey:'The Batman':batey: which comes out March 4, 2022! 

CONTEST RULES

Each contestant will provide a number of their choosing for Full OD, Saturday, Sunday and OW. After actuals come out, I will tally the difference between them and your predictions for each day and OW. This means that should you perhaps not be accurate on one day, you could make up for it on the others or with the OW total! In that vein, all numbers are separate from one another (i.e your OW number does not have to add up from your FSS numbers, if you so choose). The GOAL of the contest is to have the LOWEST contest score. Please use the bolded template below to provide your numbers. If you don't want to comment here, you can message me your numbers. After entries close, I will post everyones numbers on this thread. Good luck everyone!! Contest closes to new entries and edits at 7:00AM EST, March 2nd 2022.

Example (Prediction)
Full OD: $77,777,777

Saturday: $55,555,555
Sunday: $44,444,444

OW Total: $175,000,000

Example (Actuals)
Full OD: $75,393,194

Saturday: $51,769,880

Sunday: $40,355,081
OW Total: $167,518,155

Difference / Contest Score: $17,741,466

Full OD:
Saturday:
Sunday:
OW Total:

Edited by PenguinXXR
  • Like 5

Full OD : 70m

Saturday : 52m

Sunday : 37m

Total OW : 159m

Just tried to be optimistic but with current trajectory, seems like it will open in 120-140m. Hopefully review and WOM from early screening push it above 150m.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PenguinXXR said:

You know if I just took the data from Porthos and Eric, and extrapolated out a bit, I’m not sure that I get to $20M in previews….

(Disclaimer: I still expect over $20M but the numbers and trends VS the comps are a bit lacking.)

What a coinklydink

• Haha 1

It occurs to me that I was way too low on all my predictions for NWH so might be over-compensating this time around for The Batman. I really can't judge how hyped the GA are, but one of my usual movie buddies bowed out from watching this. So maybe I need to adjust downwards. 

48 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

What a coinklydink

Comps are certainly weaker than I expected at this point but it’s definitely going to do 50-100% more than V2 previews so I don’t know if only 15% more OW is enough. 

Edited by PenguinXXR

5 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

Comps are certainly weaker than I expected at this point but it’s definitely going to do 50-100% more than V2 previews so I don’t know if only 15% more OW is enough. 

If previews are only 50% higher a real chance to miss V2's ow I would say. 100% higher is a different ballgame. 

5 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

If previews are only 50% higher a real chance to miss V2's ow I would say. 100% higher is a different ballgame. 

As of right now I’m at 100% essentially, $22-23M. I’ll actually be fairly disappointed if it drops below $20M.