Eric Atreides

80 for Brady | February 3, 2023 | Paramount | Tom Brady produces and stars in a road trip comedy

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/tom-brady-jane-fonda-road-trip-comedy-1235098335/

Tom Brady may have retired from football, but that doesn’t mean the seven-time Super Bowl champion is leaving it behind.

In his first post-retirement move, Brady is making a blitz into Hollywood and will produce and, yes, act, in a football-themed road trip movie titled 80 for Brady.

Hollywood icons Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, Rita Moreno and Sally Field will star in the feature project that is being made by Paramount Pictures and Endeavor Content.

Inspired by a true story, Brady tells of four best-friends and New England Patriots fans who take a life-changing trip to the 2017 Super Bowl LI to see their quarterback hero, Tom Brady play, and the chaos that ensues as they navigate the wilds of the biggest sporting event in the country. Tomlin, Fonda, Moreno and Field will play the quartet.

Production is due to begin this spring. Marvin and Covino write the latest script based on a draft by Emily Halpern and Sarah Haskins, known for co-writing the coming-of-age movie, Booksmart.

• Like 1

The record of major atheltes making a sucess in the movies is not good.

There are exceptions...Michael Jordan and "SPace Jam" come to mind. But Jordan was smart enought to  choose a script that let Bugs, Daffy, and the Warner Brothers Cartton crew carry the heavy liting and all he had to do was be the straight man. Brady will probably not be so lucky.

I think Tom Brady is suffering from major over exposure at the moment similar LeBron James post "The Decision". Brady's inability to retire will cause the vast majority of the public to side with his wife in their split. Pair that with a bland, charisma free persona, and I think people avoid this movie like the plague. 

Edited by excel1

On 10/13/2022 at 8:55 PM, excel1 said:

I think Tom Brady is suffering from major over exposure at the moment similar LeBron James post "The Decision". Brady's inability to retire will cause the vast majority of the public to side with his wife in their split. Pair that with a bland, charisma free persona, and I think people avoid this movie like the plague. 

A month later and the worm has turned: Gisele has already been linked to her jiu-jitsu instructor, who's been in the picture since last year (her people insist he's just a friend, teaching the kids martial arts). Tom is allegedly not buying the friendship angle (I guess even the rich don't regularly bring along their jiu-jitsu guy for international vacations? LOL) and is said to be blindsided, wondering if that's the real reason she wanted a divorce. He's also playing much better since the split was finalized. 

Watch Tom go into full Revenge Mode and win another Super Bowl now... America loves a winner and hates a cheating woman (allegedly). Totally shifts the narrative around Tom and makes 80 For Brady more appealing? Or at least not as unappealing as it seemed before. It's still an extremely odd movie concept, either way. I know it's a true story, but I'm surprised it got greenlit by today's risk-adverse Hollywood.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl