Eric Atreides

80 for Brady | February 3, 2023 | Paramount | Tom Brady produces and stars in a road trip comedy

https://deadline.com/2022/12/palm-springs-film-festival-unveils-2023-lineup-80-for-brady-to-open-fest-1235190984/

The Palm Springs Film Festival has unveiled the lineup for its 34th annual edition, announcing that Paramount Pictures’ 80 for Brady will world premiere as its opening night film on January 6, with IFC Films’ The Lost King closing it out on January 15.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 3RIC said:

Congrats on becoming an Oscar-nominated film a year in advance! (though this should be less no1curr-y than the majority of the features Warren has catapulted into becoming Oscar-nominated movies when they wouldn't have been otherwise over the past decade)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, filmlover said:

Congrats on becoming an Oscar-nominated film a year in advance! (though this should be less no1curr-y than the majority of the features Warren has catapulted into becoming Oscar-nominated movies when they wouldn't have been otherwise over the past decade)

Maybe it'll be a Susan Lucci situation, where she stopped getting nominated after she finally won the Daytime Emmy. That was a competitive win, unlike Warren "only" getting an Honorary Oscar.  

There are Oscar completists out there who watch every nominated movie, but I can picture 80 for Brady being a bridge too far for them.

21 hours ago, Krissykins said:

That line up on one song is a gay dream 😂 can’t wait to hear it. 

I still don’t know what 80 For Brady actually means or if it’s a sports pun or something, but I’m seeing it. 

I think it's just that 80 and Brady sort of rhyme?

On 1/6/2023 at 3:44 PM, excel1 said:

Other than Prince Harry, no public figure is more annoyingly overexposed right now than Tom Brady. 

Irony is this film is coming out after Brady has a season where, in the opinion of most sports commentators, he showed he has finally gone over the hill.

Budget is $28 million

“80 for Brady” cost $28 million. It’s banking on the same audience that propelled “Book Club,” a septuagenarian-led comedy with Diane Keaton, Fonda, Candice Bergen and Mary Steenburgen, to commercial glory with $100 million worldwide. By comparison, “Book Club” launched to $13.5 million in 2018. But “80 for Brady” faces a tougher theatrical landscape, one in which older audiences have been more reluctant to go to the movies.

Box Office: Can ‘Knock at the Cabin’ Dethrone ‘Avatar 2’? – Variety

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lmao

For real this time, or is this movie promo?

6 hours ago, AJG said:

67% RT Score.

That’s higher than a lot of your favourite movies. Maybe it’s time to stop hating.

Up to 68 percent with 22 reviews!

The sneak previews are selling well around me and the studio hasn't skimped on the promo. Good for everyone involved if it's a hit!

7 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

For real this time, or is this movie promo?

Up to 68 percent with 22 reviews!

The sneak previews are selling well around me and the studio hasn't skimped on the promo. Good for everyone involved if it's a hit!

THis film opoening just a couple days after Brady retired for a second time is either really good timing or really bad timing.

• Like 1